A super simple Cherry Charlotte Dessert. Buy some ladyfingers and canned pie filling, then make a no-bake cheesecake filling and layer it all together. It’s so pretty to serve and couldn’t be easier to make.
Cherry Charlotte Dessert
Looking for an easy dessert that you don’t have to slave away in the kitchen for? A special treat that will knock your guests socks off? A sweet treat that you can prepare the day before and not have to worry about? Need something that will serve a lot of hungry guests and leave them satisfied?
Then, darling – this Cherry Charlotte Dessert is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s perfect for any celebration and makes a wonderful birthday cake. This one was for my mama 🙂
I made it to celebrate my Mom’s birthday. Every January 13th, my mom turns 39 again. I think she’s turned 39 for the past 3o-something years 🙂 She’s off celebrating with her girlfriends in beautiful Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. My mom doesn’t bake and she hates to cook, but I think that even she can manage this easy dessert. Happy Birthday, Mama! We hope you had a wonderful day!
Buying Ladyfingers in the grocery store is the easiest way to start with this recipe. I found them near the strawberries, but you may also find them in the bakery section. These are light and fluffy little cake-like treats.
Use a Springform Pan
To make these Charlotte easy to serve, make it in a 9-inch Springform Pan. A Springform pan has a clasp on the outer ring that allows you to separate it from the base.
Once the dessert has set overnight, simply unclasp the ring, and transfer it to a serving platter. It’s so easy!
No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
I loved the lemony cheesecake filling with the cherry pie filling. It was a great flavor combination. Of course, you can use blueberry pie filling or strawberry instead. Whatever your taste buds love!
No-bake Cheesecake is the perfect filling for a Charlotte. Some recipes will use a mousse, pastry cream, or even just pudding. The cheesecake gives it extra depth and simply tastes amazing!
If you are ready to celebrate, this is a big 9-inch Charlotte and it will serve a crowd! It’s the perfect dessert to take to your book club or church group. The kids and adults will gobble it up in no time.
For more easy cheesecake-y desserts, check out these recipes.
- 2 – 3 packages of Ladyfingers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 C + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 C whipping cream
- 1 can Cherry Pie filling (or filling of choice)
- Place cake board on the bottom of a springform pan. Add a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, lemon juice, and grated lemon in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to stiff peaks. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half the cream cheese into the pan. Layer half the can of cherry filling. Arrange a layer of ladyfingers in a spoke pattern over top. Evenly spread the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining pie filling.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.