The rich chocolate flavor of these brownies is taken to the next level with the addition of mint. These brownies are perfect for any chocolate lover looking for a little something extra. The best part is that they are so easy to make!
Tip for perfect brownies
The one thing to remember when baking brownies is to take them out of the oven when they are still slightly ‘sticky’ in the middle, and they are always better the next day.
- Precise Oven Preheating: Ensure your oven is set to the right temperature – not too hot. This prevents the brownies from being overcooked on the edges while maintaining that fudgy goodness in the middle.
- Pan Preparation Prowess: Line your baking pan with parchment paper or give it a good grease before baking. This guarantees a clean release, sparing your brownies from any sticky pan entanglements.
- Quality Ingredients Matter: Don’t compromise on the chocolate and mint extract. Opt for premium-quality chocolate to avoid lackluster brownies – it’s worth the indulgence. Similarly, select a high-quality mint extract for an unbeatable burst of flavor.
Follow these culinary guidelines, and you’ll be well on your way to mastering the art of crafting the perfect chocolate mint brownies!
Amazing Chocolate Mint Brownies
- ½ cups butter unsalted, 1 stick
- ½ cups plain chocolate
- 2 ¼ cups baker's sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups plain flour
- 2 tblsp cocoa powder
Ingredients for Mint Layer
- 1 oz soft butter unsalted
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tblsp natural yogurt
- ½ tsp peppermint essence
- green food colouring optional
Ingredients for Chocolate Layer
- ⅕ lb dark chocolate
- ⅛ cups butter unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180° C).Grease and line the base of a 9×3 baking tin.
To make the brownies:
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla.Add the eggs, one at a time, in a second bowl, stirring well until blended. Add the flour and cocoa and beat for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 – 40 minutes. If you insert a skewer, it should come out slightly sticky.
To make the mint cream:
- Add the butter, icing sugar and yogurt to a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until soft and creamy. Add the peppermint essence a bit at a time, tasting as you go. Different brands have different strengths, and you don’t want to overdo the flavor.
- Add the food coloring, drop by drop, and mix well until you have a nice, soft green.
- Once the brownies have cooled down completely, spread the mint layer over the top. I found it easier to leave them in the tin to do this.
- Place in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly and then spread over the mint layer.Leave to cool until the chocolate layer has set.
- To cut into slices, it is easier to dip your knife into hot water to prevent the chocolate layer from cracking.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.