This No-Bake Candy Cane Pie recipe is sure to satisfy your tastebuds with its sweet mint chocolate taste. The cute pink color makes it a highlight on your dessert table.
When the holiday season starts approaching, I always look forward to making Peppermint Pie. It has been an enormous hit within my household and my family for quite some time.
If you like a touch of mint and chocolate combined, you will enjoy this Candy Cane Pie as well. It has the perfect amount of chocolate with the perfect amount of peppermint flavor to create a naturally good dessert.
Easy No-Bake Peppermint Pie
The recipe is quick to make and it will turn out well even if you are a baking novice. Simply prepare the crust for the pie and then work on putting the filling together. Overall, it should only take a few minutes for you to prep the dish.
Instead of baking the pie, you will put it in the fridge and allow it to get cold for a few hours, which means you can have this delicious dessert ready to go in no time.
You need to have ingredients for your crust and filling. These are the ingredients to grab at your local grocery store before you get started:
- Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches – The chocolate cookie sandwiches get added to a food processor and crushed down. You can swap them out for Oreos or different chocolate cookies.
- Instant White Chocolate Pudding Mix – Get your pudding mix to create the flavorful and creamy filling for the Peppermint Pie.
- Cold Milk – Add the cold milk to your instant pudding mix. I would not recommend substituting with almond milk or any other plant based milk, because it does not create the same consistency.
Prepare the crust
Before you make the filling for your amazing Candy Cane Pie, prepare your crust by adding your cookies to the food processor and then mixing them in a bowl with melted butter.
You will then use the mixture to create a pie base — the perfect crisp and crunchy crust. Press the bottom firmly into the mold.
Variations of the Candy Cane Pie
You can prepare different variations of the Peppermint Pie. Instead of using chocolate sandwich cookies, you can always use vanilla sandwich cookies.
If you do not want to use an instant pudding mix, you can use vanilla instant pudding mix or any other option that will taste good with the peppermint extract. Homemade pudding is not an option, as we need the starch of the instant mix to thicken the whole filling properly.
Serving your pink pie
When you know that you plan on serving the Peppermint Pie to people, pull it out of the freezer a few hours ahead of time to give it time to thaw out.
If it has time to thaw out before it gets served, it will taste like you just made it, and it will have that perfect creamy consistency that people enjoy when digging into this delicious treat.
How to Freeze the Pie
If you are making your Peppermint Pie for a special occasion, you might want to make it a few days before the event takes place. Ensure to cover it with plastic wrapas the pie takes on bad smells and taste easily.
For freezing, keep your candy cane pie well sealed in the freezer. You will need to make sure that you have the pie filling covered tightly to keep it fresh.
No-Bake Candy Cane (Peppermint) Pie
- 24 chocolate cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter molten
- 2 cups milk cold
- 6.6 oz instant white chocolate pudding mix 2 boxes
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups whipping cream or 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- red food coloring optional
- Candy canes
Making the Crust
- Add cookies to a food processor and grind into fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and cookie crumbs until well combined. Press into the pie plate firmly.
- Chill covered in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, longer is fine.
Making the Filling
- In a large whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth and creamy. Stir in peppermint extract. Add food coloring, if using.
- Fold in about ½ of your whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Add remaining whipped topping, or whipping cream, to the top.
- Crack candy cane sticks and crumble on the pie. Decorate as desired.Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.