This Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting Recipe is gonna be your new favorite! Made with chocolate and marshmallow creme – it’s great!
Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
I’ve just made my new favorite chocolate frosting recipe. Most chocolate frosting recipes use cocoa powder, but I’ve made this one with melted chocolate instead. It turned out rich and fudgy and the melted marshmallows really gives it great body. This chocolate marshmallow frosting recipe is going to be your new go-to frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
My kid loved it!
This recipe makes more than enough for a two-layer cake or 2 dozen cupcakes. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
In fact, I didn’t use all of the frosting and I placed it into the fridge to enjoy it later. It ended up as thick as fudge. We decided to cut it like fudge and enjoy a few bites.
A few days later I took the frosting out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for a few hours. I re-whipped the frosting with a tablespoon of added milk and it was perfect again. Since the frosting has milk in it, keep the frosting for up to a week in the fridge or freeze it.
My kid and her friends really enjoyed these light and fluffy cupcakes with the chocolate marshmallow frosting. It’s an easy recipe for you to whip up for your next birthday cake, book club meeting, or pot luck gathering.
Everyone loves JET-PUFFED Marshmallows 🙂
I love marshmallow creme. Here’s a few recipes that use marshmallow creme for you to try.
- 2 ( 4 oz.) Unsweetened Chocolate bars, melted
- 1 cup butter
- 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- Break chocolate bars up and melt in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each segment until it’s completely melted; approximately 90 seconds total. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand-up mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the cooled chocolate and Marshmallow Creme to the butter and mix on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time with 1 tablespoon of milk. Add enough of each to get a fluffy frosting consistency.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the frosting onto a cake or transfer it to a piping bag for cupcakes.
The recipe is shared on Kraft.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 0gSugar: 55gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.