This Chocolate Marshmallow Fluff Frosting is going to be your new favorite! Made with chocolate and marshmallow crème – it’s great! It brushes up your cupcakes, desserts, or sweets.
The best Chocolate Frosting Recipe
This chocolate frosting luxuriates in chocolate. Unlike many other frostings, it’s not made with cocoa powder, but with melted chocolate. You’ll see, it makes a big difference!
It is rich and fudgy and the melted marshmallows really gives it great body. This chocolate marshmallow frosting is going to be your new go-to chocolate cupacke frosting, but also great for cakes, muffins, and so much more.
How much do you need?
This recipe makes more than enough for a two-layer cake or 2 dozen (24) cupcakes. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
Storing your chocolate frosting
You can place your fluffy fudge frosting into the fridge to enjoy it later. Cover it well, because it takes on smells easily. The coldness makes it becoming thick as fudge. You can also cut it like fudge and enjoy a few bites.
For using, take the frosting out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. This takes a few hours. To make it all fluffy again, whip it with a tablespoon of milk and it becomes perfect again.
Since the frosting has milk in it, keep the frosting for up to a week in the fridge or freeze it.
If you love marshmallow creme, here’s a few recipes that use it for you to try.
- 2 ( 4 oz.) Unsweetened Chocolate bars, melted
- 1 cup butter
- 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- Break chocolate bars up and melt in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each segment until it’s completely melted; approximately 90 seconds total. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand-up mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the cooled chocolate and Marshmallow Creme to the butter and mix on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time with 1 tablespoon of milk. Add enough of each to get a fluffy frosting consistency.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the frosting onto a cake or transfer it to a piping bag for cupcakes.
The recipe is shared on Kraft.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.