Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
I do not HAVE time to exercise, but I’ve been MAKING time to exercise.
In my efforts to lose weight, I’ve started working out and I don’t like it.
I don’t enjoy running. I think I’m pretty crummy at running.
I don’t like to “move my body”. That just sounds weird.
But, I made up my mind to JUST.DO.IT!
We’re just past the halfway point of the month, and I’ve been going out 4 times a week by myself to the local park or dance in the basement. Most of the time my husband is able to run with me. It’s nice to have company, but I find it distracting at times.
He likes to point out how slow I am – yes, I know I’m slow but I’m out here.
But he is supportive. He encourages me to keep moving, to make it to the next hill, to push to the next tree. And he doesn’t get angry when I cuss at him for pushing me.
Besides, it was nice to kick his butt when we did the Wii Just Dance workout. Lol!
My husband has also been very supportive at meal times. He’s tried everything that I’ve made and eats what I’m eating. There have been no complaints about the Paleo dinners and the lack of junk food in our fridge. He knows that it’s good for him as well.
This past week we tried two new foods – Eggplant and Butternut Squash. They were both good, but I’ve got to find new ways to make them.
The cauliflower faux-tatoes were good! I got the recipe from HERE. (BTW- I am in love with that blog right now.) Shameless plug – If you want to start a low carb / gluten free / Paleo diet, follow I Breathe, I’m Hungry on Facebook. She is constantly sharing FREE amazon e-books. What’s not to love about free?
I miss my ice cream 🙁
I miss the ritual of ice cream.
I miss the cool cream in my mouth and I miss the high I get from eating it.
Did you know that there are many different versions of Paleo Ice Cream? Just like regular ice cream, so I picked one that looked the most appealing and didn’t require me to buy anything weird.
Besides, Cherry Garcia is my favorite ice cream, so I had to go with that for my first time.
Recipe from HERE
Wanna know who else has been working out this week with me??
Check out these ladies –
Heather’s French Press
Want my overall opinion of the ice cream??
It’s not ice cream. There is no creamy texture. It’s not hard and icy, but it’s not smooth and creamy either.
It has a strange flavor from the coconut milk. This was my first time EVER using coconut milk in a recipe so I wasn’t sure what to expect. But it’s there. Maybe I’ll try it with a banana or strawberry to cut the coconut taste.
Will I make it again? Maybe. I’ll try a few different varieties and see if I like something better. Since there is no milk in a Paleo diet, I may have to opt for more of a low-carb version and use cream in it.
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen cherries (10 – 12 oz).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of mini-chocolate chips, semi-sweet- I used Enjoy Life brand
- If your cherries are frozen, thaw them ahead of time or on a defrost setting in the microwave. I found it was a bit easier to cut partially frozen cherries.
- Slice 3/4 of the cherries and set aside. These will be added at the end.
- Place the remaining quarter of the cherries in a blender or food processor, and puree until no chunks remain. Add in the coconut milk, vanilla, and honey and pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture into electric ice cream maker and let it do its thing. I let mine run for 20 minutes. When the mixture thickens, slowly add in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Let the ice cream make stir them in for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately for a soft serve dessert or place in a plastic container and freeze overnight.
Since there is no dairy in this mixture, it will get very, very hard once it's fully frozen. Let it thaw for a few minutes on the counter before serving.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.