This Amaretto Ice Cream Recipe will leave you wanting more! Laced with chocolate fudge, mini chocolate chips, and Amaretto pecans, it’s sure to please!
Amaretto Ice Cream Recipe
This is some of the BEST ice cream I’ve ever made! EVER! I absolutely love this Amaretto Ice Cream with chocolate fudge swirls, mini chocolate chips and Amaretto pecans and I am so stoked that I actually still have some in my freezer! And what’s even better is that it’s real ice cream! Made with sugar, cream, milk, and Amaretto Liqueur.
I have to let you in on a little personal opinion of mine – there is no such thing as “lite” or “skinny” or “fat-free” ice cream. Ice CREAM is all about the cream, the heavy cream! It’s supposed to have at least 10% milk-fat. If it doesn’t have milk-fat, it’s NOT ice cream!
Do yourself a favor and skip any and all of the diet ice creams.
I am also not a big fan of no-churn ice creams. Sorry, but I am not a fan of the texture of it. I much prefer the mouth-feel of real churned ice cream.
Just do yourself a favor and get an ice cream maker. You’ll thank me for it in the long run!
I have this KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment that I love! Yes, it takes up space in the freezer and you need to remember to pre-freeze it in advance, but for the price, I think it’s great.
Now, you get a Cuisinart 2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker but it takes up space, and you still need to pre-freeze the metal bucket, and I don’t think that they make as much ice cream as the KA one.
However, if you’re a serious about your ice cream, you can always go big and get a compressor style maker like this Breville Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker or this Whynter Ice Cream Maker. I’d love to have one of these!
Make this great ice cream in your ice cream maker and send me a thank you card!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C Amaretto Liqueur
- 1/4 C Amaretto Pecans
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in the cream, milk, vanilla, and Amaretto.
- Transfer it to your frozen ice cream maker and follow the instructions. The KA mixer takes about 30 minutes to process into ice cream.
- At the end of the mixing cycle, add in the mini chocolate chips and the amaretto pecans.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container and gradually add some hot fudge sauce to the layers. Don't mix it in, just add a few swirls as you add the layers of ice cream.
- Freeze overnight, scoop and serve.
- This ice cream will remain on the soft side due to the alcohol.
Ice cream base from Ben and Jerry's
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.