This summer, if you are looking for a Strawberry Shortcake Recipe, I suggest you enjoy it in the form of ice cream sandwiches!
There is no baking, minimal prep time, and it’s a great way to enjoy some sweet strawberries.
My daughter and I love strawberries and I have a bunch of strawberry recipes on the blog here. I actually just went to a local “pick-your-own” place and got 7 pounds of fresh strawberries. I’m in sweet, strawberry heaven!
This recipe is a contest entry for a Driscoll’s Berries promotion. It is not a sponsored post. For more berry recipes, look for the hashtag #Driscollsberry or @strawshortcake. +Driscoll’s
** UPDATE 06/15/2014**
I was so happy to have WON the Driscoll’s Berry Strawberry Shortcake Recipe! You can check out the collection at The Daily Meal.
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Frozen Pound Cake
- Chocolate, optional
- Place the ice cream into a large bowl to soften.
- Cut the strawberries and toss the sugar to coat. Let them sit for 15 minutes to macerate (liquify) a bit. Stir the berries into the softened ice cream until combined. Transfer the bowl to the freezer to firm up for an hour.
- Slice the pound cake into thin slices. Place them on a cookie sheet and leave them in the freezer until ready to use.
- Make your sandwiches and serve immediately or leave in the freezer until ready. You can add a layer of melted chocolate to the pound cake before you top your sandwich.