These strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches are super easy to whip up for your summer party so you won’t miss out on any fun.
This summer, if you are looking for a Strawberry Shortcake Recipe, I suggest you enjoy it in the form of ice cream sandwiches!
There is no baking, minimal prep time, and it’s a great way to enjoy some sweet strawberries.
We are a strawberry-loving family!
My daughter and I love strawberries and I have a bunch of strawberry recipes on the blog here. I actually just went to a local “pick-your-own” place and got 7 pounds of fresh strawberries. I’m in sweet, strawberry heaven!
The temps are warming up and I’m loving it around here. The winter was long and tough. I’m so glad that ice cream season is here to enjoy. And the kids are loving it as well!
In fact, once these were made, they went right to a bunch of hungry little girls. They loved their little ice cream sandwiches. They were gone in a flash and the girls were off playing again in no time with no dirty dishes to clean up.
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Frozen Pound Cake
- Chocolate, optional
- Place the ice cream into a large bowl to soften.
- Cut the strawberries and toss the sugar to coat. Let them sit for 15 minutes to macerate (liquify) a bit. Stir the berries into the softened ice cream until combined. Transfer the bowl to the freezer to firm up for an hour.
- Slice the pound cake into thin slices. Place them on a cookie sheet and leave them in the freezer until ready to use.
- Make your sandwiches and serve immediately or leave in the freezer until ready. You can add a layer of melted chocolate to the pound cake before you top your sandwich.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.