A summertime favorite! Strawberry Basil Lemonade is sure to cool you off and help you relax. Make a batch spiked or non-alcoholic with friends.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
I planted some new basil plants for the year and my strawberries are growing like gangbusters! I can’t believe that I planted just six little strawberry plants just four years ago. Now, they are all over this slope – the bad news is that so are the weeds!
It’s a good thing I can sit back and relax with a refreshing glass of Strawberry Basil Lemonade that I’ve spiked for a little adult time. Work hard, play hard. That’s my motto.
I think my favorite item is the hand plow. I have rocky soil and this tool was great for getting those little buggers out. My second favorite is the trowel. I use it more for getting those darn tap roots out of the ground. Tap roots are the worst, and it’s so tough to get the entire thing pulled up without it breaking off.
Now, you can make your own homemade lemonade or just buy some at the store, I’m not gonna nit pick. You can let your strawberries sit out for a few hours or just toss them in. Again, I’m not going to mandate. And you can always skip the alcohol and just enjoy the sweet flavors of the strawberries, basil, and lemon. It’s a great, refreshing flavor combo for summer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup strawberries, cut up
- 5 – 10 basil leaves, cut up
- Vodka, optional
- Limoncello, optional
- Club sode, 7-Up, Sprite, or Ginger Ale
- Boil 1 cup water and dissolve 1 cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Let the syrup cool.
- Juice 7 – 9 lemons to yield 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix the simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add the water to dilute to your desired tartness.
- Chop strawberries and sprinkle with up to a tablespoon of sugar. Add the chopped basil. Let sit out for an hour to allow time for the strawberries to release their juice.
- Add some fruit to a cup, add a cup of lemonade, a shot of vodka and/or limoncello (optional), top with some soda. Add a lemon and strawberry garnish.
- Relax with your feet up and enjoy!
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.