Snuggle up in the winter and enjoy the warmth from these soft Chocolate Ginger Cookies. The ginger chunks warm you up from the inside!
Chocolate Ginger Cookies
These are the perfect cookies for snacking on in the winter time. Snuggle up with the family, put on a movie and enjoy a few of these yummy treats.
On to these amazing cookies! I used dried, unsweetened ginger candy chunks to add some warmth to the cookies. I love the way that ginger just warms up my body from the inside. I know it’s not for everyone, but I really do enjoy it.
If you’re not a big fan of whole ginger, you can use fresh ginger in place of the candy bits in the cookie.
The original recipe called these “Gingersnaps”, but there was nothing snappy about them. They were thick and chewy and so good!
Soft Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1/2 C Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Molasses
- 1 Tbls Water
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 1.4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Baking Sods
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 7 oz Semisweet Chocolate chopped
- 2 tsp Dried Ginger unsweetened, cut into small bits
- 1/4 C Sugar for rolling
- Large Ginger Chunks for topping
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses , water and ginger.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir with a fork to mix together. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture blending well and then stir in the chocolate chips and ginger bits.
- Cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookies scoop, measure out the dough, roll smooth in your hands, then roll into the sugar. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 deg F for 10 – 12 minutes. Watch for the tops to start cracking.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add a large chunk of ginger to the center of the cookie. Push it down a bit to get it to stay.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.