Now you can enjoy your cookies without the guilt with this Lower Sugar Linzer Cookie Recipe. Swap out half the sugar with Stevia In The Raw® for less sugar and calories!
This recipe is sponsored by Stevia In The Raw®. All opinions are my own.
Lower Sugar Linzer Cookie Recipe
The Holidays are upon us and that means lots of cookies, pies, cheesecake, and homemade candy in this household. If you’re like me, all those sweets can go straight to the hips! Thankfully, I can easily swap out half the white granulated sugar in all of my baked goods with the Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag.
These Linzer Cookies are just perfect with half sugar and half Stevia In The Raw®, a zero calorie sweetener made with extracts from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant. I’ve been working hard in the gym and I don’t want to let all that work to go out the window, however, I’m not willing to forgo all the yummy treats of the season.
Here are a few tips when making roll out cookies for the holidays.
- Work with cold cookie dough. I know it’s harder to roll out, but it’ll keep it’s shape and won’t stretch out as much when transferring it to the cookie sheet. I added more cold dough to the remnants to make more cookies.
- Get this rolling pin with measured edges. This makes for equal and level dough every time.
- I swear by this double layer cookie sheet! A good cookie sheet doesn’t have edges. You can check out this article about the difference in cookie sheets and baking sheets.
- Roll the cookie dough between two sheets of wax paper or parchment instead of using flour on your counter top. First, it will keep things cleaner. Second, your cookie dough won’t get tough and over worked as it absorbs the flour.
- Have fun with the centers! Get a set of mini cookie cutters and go nuts! Make wedding bells, reindeer, teacups, leaves – the possibilities are endless.
Linzer Cookies may be a holiday staple, but they can be enjoyed any time of year. I had some fun with a mini heart cookie cutter. Wouldn’t these be perfect for Valentine’s Day as well? Valentines is another sugar heavy holiday where the use of Stevia In The Raw® would be great. Did you know that you can swap out the sugar in ANY cookie or baking recipe? Yes you can!
To keep proper browning, rising and caramelizing in your cookies, you still need some sugar, so simply “swap out” half of the granulated sugar for Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag. It measures cup for cup with sugar so there’s no guessing game for conversions. And for every cup of sugar swapped, you can eliminate up to 700 calories!
These treats are all going on my Cookie Trays to friends and family! They love getting a special delivery from me each Christmas season.
For more sweet treat inspiration that allows you to “Half Your Cake and Eat It Too,” check out this FREE PRINTABLE Cookbook from Stevia In The Raw®.
- 1 1/4 C butter
- 1/2 C Stevia In The Raw®
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 C flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 C ground almonds
- 6 Tbsp seedless jam
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Cream the butter, Stevia In The Raw® and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time. Add in the flour, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix well. Add in the ground almonds.
- Divide batter in half and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll out one ball between two sheets of wax paper or parchment paper. Roll to approximately 1/8" thickness. Cut a dozen 2.5 inch round cookies and place them on a cookie tray. Place the cookie tray into the oven for 15 minutes. Cut another dozen with 2.5 inch cutter and them remove a 1.5 inch center circle. (I used a mini heart and a mini snowflake cutter as well.)
- Bake the super cold cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove to a wire wrack to cool.
- Spread some jam on the full cookie base. Sprinkle the cutout cookies with some confectioners sugar then place them over the jam.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g