A decadent Red Velvet Pancake Recipe to have on hand for a romantic breakfast treat. These pancakes are great to serve for Valentine’s Day when you want to surprise your special loved ones with something sweet and delicious to eat.
When you crave a delicious breakfast treat that is slightly out of the ordinary, these Red Velvet Pancakes are just what you need. The pancakes will remind you of your favorite slice of red velvet cake with the perfect cream cheese drizzle added on top of it.
Rather than eating boxed pancake mix, you can make this recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes using fresh ingredients, including flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. You will be surprised at how easy it is to make these unique and delicious pancakes from scratch for yourself and your family. You can prepare the pancakes in less than 20 minutes!
Must-Have Ingredients to Make Red Velvet Pancakes
Make the Red Velvet Pancakes with the following ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour. Use the flour to create the pancake mix. You will add several other ingredients to your flour to make these pancakes taste perfect.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. Add unsweetened cocoa powder to your flour to give the pancakes their chocolate taste.
- Granulated Sugar. Put sugar in the mix with your flour to give your pancakes that sweet touch.
- Red Food Coloring. Do not forget to use red food coloring to get your Red Velvet Pancakes to have the perfect red hue.
You will also need buttermilk, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vegetable or canola oil. When preparing the cream cheese drizzle to add to your pancakes, you will need to mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. After beating the mixture together for several minutes, you will have the perfect cream to pour over your pancakes. Add it directly on top of the pancakes while they are still hot to get the cream cheese drizzle to melt right into your pancakes.
Different Variations of the Red Velvet Pancakes
Mix things up a bit by adding more to your Red Velvet Pancakes. Some great extras will taste good when thrown in with your pancake mix, such as white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and strawberry slices. Besides adding ingredients to the mix that you will get to enjoy with each bite of your pancakes, there are also some great toppings to add to the pancakes. Besides the cream cheese drizzle, you can put marshmallows, fresh blueberries, powdered sugar, or whipped cream on your pancakes.
How to Make Your Red Velvet Pancake Recipe Mix in Advance
If you follow the recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes recipe, you might want to make the pancake mix in advance. You can prepare the dry ingredients by combining your flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. You may then add in your wet ingredients, including the mik, egg, red food coloring, and oil. By combining the wet ingredients with the dry ones, you will create the perfect pancake batter. You can place the pancake batter in an airtight container and put it in the fridge until you are ready to make your pancakes. The pancake batter will stay good in the refrigerator for up to five days.
How to Store Your Freshly-Made Pancakes
When you make pancakes and have extras leftover, you might want to know what to do with them. You have two options. You can put the Red Velvet Pancakes in the freezer or the refrigerator. Store the pancakes in an airtight container or a food storage bag with a zipper seal.
- Food storage bag – be sure to remove the excess air from it.
- Store in the refrigerator – you can keep them there for up to a week before you would need to get rid of them.
- Freeze – they will remain fresh for six months. Defrost them and then reheat them in the microwave and enjoy within minutes!
If you want to know how to make Red Velvet Pancakes, follow this simple recipe and even customize it if you would like to create the most delicious pancakes you have ever tasted. You will never need to use boxed pancake mix again once you know how to make this recipe using fresh ingredients.
I love pancakes! Here’s a few more yummy recipes to try:
- Caramel and Sea Salt Pear Pancakes
- Easy Baked Pancake Muffins
- Funfetti Cake Batter Pancakes
- German Potato Pancakes
- Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
For the Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red food coloring
For the Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in milk a little at a time until desired consistency.
- Set aside.
For the Pancakes
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F .
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, measure milk, then whisk in egg and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Add food coloring until the desired color is achieved.
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide pancake batter onto griddle and cook 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and pancake starts to bubble on top.
- Flip and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove onto a serving platter and serve with cream cheese drizzle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.