Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins
I have become more and more of a fan of tart cranberries. I mean these little festive berries are so cheerful and full of flavor that just burst in their mouth! I decided to bake myself this yummy Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffin Recipe with some of the seasonal fresh cranberries.
Every bite of these muffins were amazing! I’m seriously making another batch to freeze.
Did you know you can freeze muffins? Oh yeah, you can! Simply place the unglazed muffins into a freezer safe, air tight container. Remove them from the freezer and defrost in the microwave for 30 seconds. Check it then thaw again. If you want your muffins warn, you can heat them once they are defrosted.
You can made the glaze with a few spoonfuls of powdered sugar and a dash of milk. Muffins for two weeks, baby!
Of course you can make JUMBO sized muffins instead of cupcake sized muffins. You can make 2 dozen muffins in a standard cupcake pan with liners or you can use a 1 cup jumbo muffin pan and just make a dozen. There are jumbo liners if you want to use them, or you can just spray the pan with non-stick baking spray.
For me personally, the jumbo sized ones were perfect with my cup of hot cocoa!
Light and fluffy muffins with tart cranberries and pecans. The perfect muffin recipe
- 1 C butter
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C fresh cranberries
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
For the Drizzle
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a cupcake pan with paper liners or grease with non-stick spray.
- In a stand up mixer, cream the butter and the cream cheese while gradually adding the sugar. Beat until the butter and cream cheese are no longer lumpy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the cranberries and pecans by hand.
- Add the batter to the prepared cupcake pan and fill only ¾ full. bake for 20 -25 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk until thick. Spoon over the muffins and enjoy!
I hope that you make this cream cheese cranberry muffin recipe for Christmas morning! Share them with the ones you love! Enjoy!
For more Cranberry Sweets, check out these