These homemade Cranberry Waffles are so delicious and made from scratch! The cranberry syrup adds a great flavor to the waffles! For a merry start into the day.
Crunchy Cranberry Waffles
Are you looking for something easy, delicious and wonderful for Christmas breakfast? Then give these Cranberry Waffles with Cranberry Maple Syrup a try!
The slightly tart flavor of cranberries team up with golden waffles and sweet syrup. For a more complex taste, pair it with bacon or sausage. Add a hot cup of coffee and some laughter, and you are all set for the Christmas mood.
The recipe is for waffles that you make from scratch. It takes only 10 minutes in total. If that’s not fast enough for you on a busy day, you can also use your favorite waffle mix. Can’t get much easier than this!
How to serve
Make your crispy cranberry waffles, prepare the cranberry syrup and pour it over the freshly baked waffles. You can jazz up the Christmas waffle breakfast with some whipped cream. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or vanilla sauce to make a delicious dessert.
Bake your waffles in different forms, just as you feel like. For the holidays, bake them in Christmas motifs for more joy on the table.
Merry Cranberry Waffles
For the Syrup
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- ¾ cup Cranberries Fresh
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Waffles
- 1 ½ cups Cranberries Fresh
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tblsp granulated sugar
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- Place the syrup into a pot adding the cranberries and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries pop. Remove from the heat and let cool while making the waffles.
- Place the cranberries for the batter into a bowl and add sugar. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and allow to cool while making your favorite waffle batter.
- Preheat your oven to around 200°F (90°C) to keep the baked waffles warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. In a second bowl beat the eggs and add the milk gradually. Now pour the milk eggs mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined and you get a thin batter. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat your waffle iron according to its manufacturer's instructions. Grease it with vegetable oil or butter.
- When the waffle iron is hot, pour half the batter for a waffle in, add a tablespoon of the microwaved cranberries sugar mimx, then add the rest of the batter. Close the lid and cook your waffle as desired. This usually takes 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve your waffles with the cranberry syrup and a topping of your choice and enjoy!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.