Chocolate Brownie Biscotti Cookies
Looking to satisfy your chocolate craving? I’ve got the recipe for you! These chocolate biscotti cookies are sure to please! Enjoy a slice with your favorite cup of coffee while enjoying a mid-day break.
They couldn’t be easier to make – just don’t make yours as wide…
Since it’s the holiday season, I made a few with peppermint extract instead of almond extract and added candy cane bits to them. I made three batches to send to three amazing bloggers as part of the 2015 Food Bloggers Cookie Swap. I’ve participated in this great program for three years and it just keeps getting better! Lindsay and Julie put the whole thing together to raise money for the Cookies for Kids Cancer Foundation. Along with all the bloggers donating money, OXO, Land O’Lakes, and Dixie Crystals are all matching funds for the foundation.
With amazing bloggers and cookies involved, how could I not participate in all of this awesomeness!
I was fortunate to recipe Raspberry Linzer cookies from Cheri, some fun rainbow shortbread cookies along with a book and shirt from Gemma, and some delicious dark chocolate, sweet cherry and toasted coconut cookies from Little Flour Microbakery. My belly was happy and my family was thrilled to have (even more) holiday cookies.
I hope that Penny, Emily and Dahn all enjoyed the Chocolate Brownie Biscotti that I sent out. I ate all the end and loved every bite!
For more easy cookie ideas, check out some of these.
2013 Cookie Swap – Czechoslovakian Cookies
2014 Cookie Swap – Cranberry and Pistachio Holiday Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Chocolate Brownie Biscotti
These double chocolate brownie biscotti are sure to be a new favorite!
For the Biscotti
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 C baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Rainbow jimmies, chocolate jimmies, or candy peices
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with silicon mat or coat with cooking spray.
- Mix together the egg and extracts, adding in the sugar. Mix in the flour, nuts, cocoa and salt. Once mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to the cookie sheet trying to make it about 14 inches long and 3 inches wide. (mine were way too wide!)
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until set and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and 1 inch wide slices with a serrated knife. Lay the slices back on the cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the biscotti over and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a baggie and drizzle over the biscotti. Add any sprinkles while wet. Allow to dry before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Monday 21st of December 2015
This plus a good cup of coffee would make an incredible treat. Maybe I'll make these the next time I decide to curl up with a book :)
Come say hello at The Happy Idiot sometime.
Wednesday 16th of December 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed the cookies, there is nothing more fun than baking for a good cause! I think there may be some chocolate brownie biscotti in my future next...