Make a bunch of these Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies for the holidays. They are full of nuts from Hawaii! They are sure to be your new favorite cookie.
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Christmas is upon us and the mad dash for shopping, baking, wrapping, laughing, lounging, and eating has begun. Today, I’m guest posting over on Chocolate, Chocolate and More and you can find the easy recipe for these fudgy, chocolate macadamia nut cookies there.
I missed going back to Hawaii this year, so I figured if I couldn’t get to the islands, then I’d bring the islands to me! With the great nutty flavor that the macadamia brings and the chocolate chips on top, these cookies are sure to be your new favorite.
These cookies are a great addition to your Christmas cookie platter, but they are also great stored in the freezer to grab when you need a little chocolate boost.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, cooled chocolate, and egg in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in the chopped macadamia nuts with a large wooden spoon – the batter will be thick.
- Drop dough with a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and flatten slightly. Push a few chocolate chips on to the top of the cookie dough. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter or freeze to keep for up to three months.
Here are a few more yummy cookies for your cookie platter!