I was looking for MORE chocolate chip cookie recipes because it seems that my daughter ONLY ever wants plain ‘ol chocolate chip cookies.
So I oblige.
Yes, sometimes I spoil my kid rotten, but she’s my kid and, well, honestly, we all love chocolate chip cookies. This just gives me an excuse to try another recipe.
As I was making this batter, I was going through my collection of chocolate chips, sprinkles and left over Christmas candy that has been in the cupboard.
I still had half a bag of Green and Red Holiday Chips and Green and Red M&M Pretzels.So I had my Little Cup divide them up – Red for Valentine’s Day and Green to save for St. Patty’s Day.
I then divided the batter into three bowls and made MAN Cookies for Mr. Quart!
I added way too many mini-chips and they were so good!!
These Cookies did not last long in our household!
Mr. Quart couldn’t tell that they were made with Sour Cream and my daughter ate the batter without complaint. I could taste a bit of a “tang” when taste-testing the batter, but there was no tang to the cookies.
Just soft, yummy cookies!
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/4 C Shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 C Chocolate Chips (I used mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Combine first six ingredients in the mixer. Add in dry ingredients until combined. Mix in Chocolate Chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a Parchment or Silicon lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool for two minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack.