These mint chocolate chunk cookies are just what you need any day of the week! Triple Chocolate Cookies are just what the doctor ordered!
Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I love the combination of Mint and Chocolate! This week is dedicated to the great chocolate mint flavor. I made some yummy Triple Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies which I turned into a cookie crust, then I made some mint chocolate mousse and paired it with a chocolate
I am a cookie fanatic!
I had mixed emotions between eating these cookies and saving most of them for the cookie crust. And, my mom liked them, my husband liked them, and my daughter liked them, so I had to get what I could when I could. I had to sneak them in while taking my photos.
Triple Chocolate flavor with the addition of mint – it’s completely wonderful. Of course you can skip the white chocolate topping if it’s not your thing. Eliminate it all together or use dark chocolate instead.
These mint chocolate cookies are not soft and chewy. They are thinner and a bit crispier. They were looking a little puffy when I removed them from the oven, but they deflated as they cooled. Crisper cookies work much better for crusts anyway.
If you want the mint chocolate cookies to be a fluffier cookie, reduce the butter to 3/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of shortening. The shortening will help the cookies stay puffy and won’t deflate as much.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup from the bag for garnishing)
- white chocolate (topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Beat the sugars, butter peppermint, and eggs until smooth and combined. Add in the dry ingredients and then hand stir in the mint chocolate chips.
- Measure out cookies with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Crush the reserved 1/4 cup of mint chocolate chips and set aside. Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Pour the white chocolate into a baggie or a piping bag and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle the mint chocolate pieces over and allow it to dry.
- Enjoy some with a glass of milk.
If you plan to use these cookies for a pie crust, set aside 15 – 20.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.