I love the combination of Mint and Chocolate! This week is dedicated to the great chocolate mint flavor. I made some yummy Triple Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies which I turned into a cookie crust, then I made some mint chocolate mousse and paired it with a chocolate Martini. Oh yeah, this dessert is gonna be awesome!
I had mixed emotions between eating these cookies and saving most of them for the cookie crust. And, my mom liked them, my husband liked them, and my daughter liked them, so I had to get what I could when I could. I had to sneak them in while taking my photos.
Speaking of my photos, do you like the .GIF’s that I’ve been creating? I have a lot of fun with them and I try to show you the decadent, ooey, gooey-ness of the desserts. I hope that they come across that way.
Please let me know if you want to see more of these.
However, I’ll probably keep making them anyway 🙂
Triple Chocolate flavor with the addition of mint – it’s completely wonderful. Of course you can skip the white chocolate topping if it’s not your thing. Eliminate it all together or use dark chocolate instead.
These cookies are not soft and chewy. They are thinner and a bit crispier. They were looking a little puffy when I removed them from the oven, but they deflated as they cooled. Crisper cookies work much better for crusts.
If you want them to be a fluffier cookie, reduce the butter to 3/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of shortening.
Mint Chocolate Cookies
Triple Chocolate Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of minty goodness!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup from the bag for garnishing)
- white chocolate (topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Beat the sugars, butter peppermint and eggs until smooth and combined. Add in the dry ingredients and then hand stir in the mint chocolate chips.
- Measure out cookies with a Medium Cookie Scoop. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Crush the reserved ¼ cup of mint chocolate chips and set aside. Melt ¼ cup white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Pour the white chocolate into a baggie or a piping bag and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle the mint chocolate pieces over and allow to dry.
- Enjoy some with a glass of milk. Set aside 15 - 20 for the cookie crust.