When you’re in the mood for a decadent, chocolate treat, try this easy Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two. This lava cake is moist and flavorful, leaving you with the perfect dessert to enjoy.
Instead of taking the time to prepare a large cake with plenty of leftovers, save time and energy while making the Chocolate Cake Recipe for Two. The easy chocolate fudge cake is full of flavor and has the perfect texture. It’s the perfect dessert to prepare for special occasions, such as a romantic dinner with your partner or a Valentine’s Day surprise.
The Perfect Mini Chocolate Cake Recipe
Who needs a large cake when you can prepare something perfect for two people? If you’d like to make a decadent dessert for yourself and your partner, give this Chocolate Lava Cake a try. These chocolate fudge cakes are ooey, gooey, and absolutely delicious! The best part about this recipe is that you can prepare these cakes in 30 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Cake Recipe
- You can prepare these delicious mini cakes in less than 45 minutes. If you have 30 minutes to spare, you can prepare these chocolate cakes.
- The Chocolate Cake Recipe is easy to follow and will leave you with a gooey center and decadent treat to eat.
- You can customize your mini cakes with some of your favorite toppings to give them that special touch.
Ingredients Needed for the Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Before you get started, make sure you have the following ingredients ready to use to make these miniature cakes:
- Flour – Start with flour to prepare the cake batter.
- Baking Powder – Use baking powder in your flour mixture to ensure your cake has the perfect texture.
- Chocolate Bar – You’ll need to use a bittersweet chocolate bar for this stress-free recipe.
- Light Brown Sugar – Add a touch of sweetness to your cake using some light brown sugar.
- Vanilla – Enhance the taste of your chocolate cake with a bit of added vanilla extract.
You’ll also need baking soda, whole milk, salt, oil, and a lightly beaten egg, along with any topping you choose to use, such as whipped cream.
Do I have to use bittersweet chocolate?
While it’s best to use bittersweet chocolate for this cake recipe, you can use semi-sweet or any other type of chocolate bar that you have as a substitute for it. Just know that the sweetness of the cake will change slightly with milk chocolate versus dark chocolate.
What can I do if I don’t have light brown sugar?
If you don’t have light brown sugar, you can make it by combining your white granulated sugar with a bit of molasses. Add only a touch of molasses until your sugar turns light brown in color. When you prepare it yourself, it turns out the same as it would if you were using bagged light brown sugar from the grocery store.
Can I add chocolate chunks to my cake batter?
Absolutely! If you’d like to make this dessert even more chocolatey, feel free to stir some chocolate chunks or chocolate chip morsels into the cake batter mixture with it. The chocolate pieces will melt perfectly into the cake as it bakes, leaving you with a sweet and delicious dessert to enjoy with each bite.
- Check your cakes to make sure they’re done before serving them. The edges will start to pull away from the sides and the tops should appear dry. Don’t bother to poke with a toothpick because the center will be melted chocoalte.
- Allow the cakes to sit on your kitchen table or countertop for several minutes to cool down a bit before you add the toppings to them. Don’t wait too long or the chocolate lava fillng will start to firm up.
- If you’d like to make more than two cakes, feel free to double this recipe to have enough of the dessert to serve four people.
Chocolate Cake Topping Variations
- Whipped cream tastes great on top of this decadent cake. You can use traditional whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream, or even a coconut version, whichever you prefer.
- Feel free to add some chocolate or caramel syrup over your cake to give it that special touch. You can also choose from other syrup flavors, such as strawberry and raspberry, both of which will taste good with this chocolate cake.
- Fresh fruit will taste good on top of this cake. You can use strawberries, raspberries, or even blueberries on top of your cake, followed by a sprinkle of powdered sugar to finish it off. I used pomegranet seeds.
Want to try a different flavor? Here are a few tasty ideas:
- Strawberry Lava Cakes with Strawberry Curd
- Cookies and Cream Red Velvet Cakes
- Raspberry Molten Lava Cakes
- Lemon Lava Cakes
- And to feed a crowd, make this Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
For more awesome chocolate recipes, check out these ideas.
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces chocolate bar, bittersweet 60% is best (divided)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Ice Cream or Whipped Cream Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the ramekins and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Chop two ounces of the chocolate and melt it with the milk in the microwave. Use 70% power for 30 second intervals and stir between heating. You don’t want to burn your chocolate. The mixture should be smooth. Stir in the sugar until it’s dissolved. Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add in the oil, egg, and vanilla into the melted chocolate and whisk until it’s combined. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins. Be sure to get the air bubbles out by tapping them on the counter a few times. Break your remaining ounce of chocolate in half and add it to the center of each ramekin. Press it gently into the batter until it’s covered and then bake for 15 minutes. The tops should be firm and the center will be soft.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes while you get the ice cream or whipped cream. Top as desired and enjoy!
- This recipe can be doubled to make dessert for a family of 4.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.