Clean eating never tasted so good! This whipped coconut cream is the perfect whipped cream replacement A dairy free, naturally gluten free, and Paleo dessert that they whole family will enjoy.
Whipped Coconut Cream
Eating a Whole 30 diet never tasted so good! A dairy free, naturally gluten free, and Paleo dessert that they whole family will enjoy. This whipped coconut cream is the perfect whipped cream replacement on a hot summer day or as an after school snack. Add as much or as little of the sweetener of your choice and you’re well on your way to making healthy choices that your body will appreciate.
Do you enjoy coconut milk from the can? I’ve used it in several recipes as a whole milk replacement. I even use it in a paleo bolognese sauce that I make and I love it! It makes it creamy without adding coconut flavor to the mix. And let’s not forget about how healthy coconuts are!
They are loaded with are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Whoa! And they say milk does a body good.
- 1 can Coconut Milk, Cold
- 1 – 2 Tbls Sweetener of choice - honey, stevia, or Powdered Sugar, to taste
- Mixed Berries
- Separate the coconut cream from the milk. The best way to do this is to set the can of milk in the fridge and skim off the thick white cream the floats to the top. Discard the watery layer on the bottom (or use it in a smoothie).
- Whip the coconut cream with an electric whisk until thickened. Add in the sweetener to taste.
- Serve immediately with mixed fruit.
* NOTE – I had half a can in the fridge which gave me about a 1/4 cup of cream. I added a tablespoon of sugar to it. You can see the separation in the photo below.