Layers and layers of chocolate chip cookies and spiked cream come together for this amazing Cookie Icebox Cake. Make it the night before and then cover it in homemade chocolate sauce.
Cookie Icebox Cake
I think I may have outdone myself here… What do you think of this gorgeously stunning Cookie Icebox Cake?
It’s the first Icebox Cake that I’ve made and had. I was telling my Mom about making this and how good it was, and she told me about how my Grandmother used to make Icebox Cakes with chocolate wafers. Ummm… where were these cakes when I was a kid Mom? Why did you not make your mother’s desserts?
Thank goodness for Martha Stewart to fill me in on the awesomeness of this dessert. To add to Ms. Stewart’s recipe, I made some homemade Chocolate Sauce to pour over the top.
Also, I found these adorable spoons while at Epcot and wanted to show them off… I wanted one in each color, but just got these two cute ones. It was so hard to resist all the cuteness!
But I digress…
This was the first time I made an Icebox Cake and it’s the first time that I made my own Chocolate Syrup. All I can say is, why didn’t someone tell me how good homemade chocolate syrup was?? Oh my!
I hope that you like my little video on making this cake. I hope to make more videos and animated .GIF’s of my treats. Aren’t they fun?
Did you like that? Mr. Quart decided to help… Thanks babe!
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, click HERE and for the Mascarpone Whipped Cream Recipe, click HERE.
Cookie Icebox Cake
This Icebox Cake is amazing with homemade cookies and syrup, but it's also delicious and easily made with storebought options!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (if desired)
To complete the Cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chocolate Sauce
For the chocolate syrup
- In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and whisk in cocoa, salt, and corn syrup. Whisk until all of the solids have dissolved. Reduce sauce until slightly thickened. Stir in whisky if desired. Strain and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a mason jar and refrigerate.
For the cake
- Layer the cookies and mascarpone whip cream and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, whip cream until soft peaks form and top the Icebox Cake.
- Drizzle desired amount of Chocolate Syrup over cake.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Cut with a large serrated knife and share with great company.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake - Marla Meridith
Sunday 9th of June 2019
[…] Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake Pint Sized Baker […]
25 No Bake Desserts - Bread Booze Bacon
Thursday 27th of August 2015
[…] Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake | Rainbow Pie […]
27 Delicious No-Bake Icebox Cakes ⋆ The NEW N!FYmagThe NEW N!FYmag
Wednesday 11th of March 2015
[…] dietersdownfall.com […]
12 Summer Eats You'll Want to PIN! - Chase the Star
Friday 2nd of January 2015
[…] Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Box Cake from Dieters Downfall Strawberry and Spinach Summer Salad from One Little Project […]
15 Frozen Dessert Recipes to Cool Off Hot Days
Sunday 27th of July 2014
[…] Cookie Ice Box Cake […]