I LOVE good, easy, simple, delicious treats!
(As if you didn’t know that already.)
And the other day in the mail, I got fun stuff from Lucky Leaf to make some GOOD, EASY, SIMPLE, and DELICIOUS treats!
So, I baked up some Valentine’s Strawberry and Chocolate LOVE!
This is a great alternative to chocolate dipped strawberries. Let’s face it, strawberries aren’t in season and they are really expensive where I am. Besides, it’s difficult to get good strawberries when they are out of season. I’d rather wait a few months and then go pick my own.
This recipe is very easy to make. Hand it off to the hubby to make with the kiddos. Yes, it’s easy enough for even the men to make!
And – this recipe sure does make A LOT of hearts! I cut out 35 hearts and took them all to my daughter’s school. What a hit! Everyone loved them!
Want to WIN some Lucky Leaf Pie Filling? NO?
Well how about an adorable Lucky Leaf Kit which includes a can of Lucky Leaf pie filling, a recipe card, fun and festive muffin cup papers and a bakery bag.
Fine Print: Thank You to Lucky Leaf who sent me a sample of 3 pie fillings, recipe cards, a muffin tin, and cute muffin papers and bag to try and review. All opinions are 100% my own. The Winner of the giveaway will be e-mailed on Monday, February 11th by Pint Sized Baker. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or they will forfeit and another winner will be selected.
Lucky Leaf is Sponsoring the giveaway and will be sending the winner the Kit. Pint Sized Baker is not responsible for shipping or product condition.
Strawberry Chocolate Bars
- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 (21 Oz.) Can of Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 C Mini-Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Frosting – Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Prepare a jelly roll pan (15x10x2 inch) with some cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Pour into pan and use a spatchula to spread into pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes and allow to cool completely. Frost if desired. Cut into 8 rows by six rows.
- Combine ingredients, except only add 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips on top.
- Once baked and cooled, use a medium heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out hearts.
- Place in cupcake liners and share with the ones you love!