Calling all peanut butter lovers! This peanut butter pudding pie starts with PB cookie crust and is topped with PB brownies.
Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Peanut Butter Cookie Crust and Peanut Butter Brownies
You have to have a deep love connection to peanut butter to enjoy this amazing pie! This isn’t just any old peanut butter pie… oh no! This pie is three days worth of baking for the love of it. THREE peanut butter recipes all come together to make this one spectacular pie!
First, bake a batch of peanut butter cookies. Second, bake a pan of peanut butter brownies. Third, make the stovetop, homemade peanut butter pudding. After that, put this colossal dessert together and dig in. It’s perfect!
Stovetop Pudding – like Grandma used to make
Ok, so maybe your Grandma didn’t make peanut butter pudding, however, I’m sure at some point she made real pudding on the stovetop.
Stove top pudding is very easy to make and this recipe just calls for brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, heavy cream, peanut butter and vanilla. There are no egg yolks required to make the pudding. The cornstarch and peanut butter takes care of all the thickening for you resulting in a smooth and creamy treat.
My husband LOVED this peanut butter pudding pie, my BFF thought it was divine, and her co-workers devoured it! Heck, EVERY ONE LOVED THIS PIE! Seriously – Go make this pie.
For the Peanut Butter Pudding
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
To assemble the Pie
Prepare the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Pulse 10 – 12 peanut butter cookies in a food processor until you have at least 2 cups worth. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press it into a pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Crumble brownies into the bottom of the crust. I used about 6 brownies.
Make the Pudding
- Put the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt into a large pot. Sit together to get the brown sugar mixes through. Whisk in the milk and cream and cook over medium heat bringing the mixture to a simmer, whisking occasionally along the way.
- As the mixture comes to a simmer, whisk constantly for one minute as it simmers. The mixture should be thick and coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Pour the pudding over the brownies in the cookie crust. Cover the pudding with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Top with brownie slices and drizzle with chocolate syrup and melted peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Pudding recipe from Joy the Baker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.