A classic brownie recipe with a delicious peanut butter swirl, these peanut butter brownies are the perfect combination! Who can resist fudgy brownies with a peanut butter swirl? These brownies (and the peanut butter cookies) totally sabotaged any healthy eating this past week.
One-Pot Brownie Recipe
I love these simple easy to make chocolate peanut butter brownies. One pot and a baking dish are all that you need to make them. No fancy mixers required and the best part is that you won’t get a bunch of dishes dirty.
Simply melt the chocolate chips and butter together – I do this over the stove, but you can also melt it carefully in the microwave if you want. Once the chocolate is melted and stirred smooth you can add in the rest of the basic ingredients.
This brownie mix is so versatile. Throw in some walnuts, add some extract, mix in some candies; it’s all good.
Cutting your peanut butter swirl brownies
I cut up my brownies on the small side – maybe 1.5″ squared. But you can cut these as big or as small as you like. I used about half the pan to make the pie with, so please don’t eat all of the brownies if you are planning on making our famous peanut butter pudding pie.
Making the Peanut Butter Swirl
The simple addition of the peanut butter is to give these brownies the additional flavor but also that pretty swirl on top. Here is how to make a nice decoration.
To make that swirl, place your peanut butter into a plastic baggie and snip off a corner. This will help you control the peanut butter and add a slow stream over the brownie batter. Once the pb is pipped out, that the edge of a knife and drag it through the peanut butter creating that swirled look.
Don’t worry about it being “perfect”. There’s no such thing. Just give it a good swirl – don’t actually mix it into the brownie batter.
These fudgy, chocolatey brownies can last up to 7 days in room temperature. Just pack them airtight into a bag or a container. But it is unlikely that they will make it that long! 😉 As these are one of your favorite homemade brownies!
Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter 8 tblsp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy is best
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil or use a nonstick one.
- In a large pot melt the chocolate and butter over low heat. When melted and smooth remove from the heat and whisk to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugars and then the eggs, one at a time. Finally add in the vanilla, salt, and flour. Pour into the baking dish.
- Place the peanut butter into a baggie, snip off a small bit from the corner and then squeeze out four horizontal lines of peanut butter over top. Drag the edge of a knife across the peanut butter to create the swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- Cut and enjoy with a glass of milk.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.