I can always clean the kitchen later, but I’ll never have that moment with my family again. Family time is special to me, it makes me happy.
Hop on over to The Haas Machine to see what she’s been up to.
Oven Dried Fruit
- Kiwi Fruit
- 1 Tbls Water
- 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- Clean all the fruit.
- Core and slice the strawberries. I used 6 strawberries.
- Use a Mandoline Slicer to slice the apple into equal thin pieces. I used 2 apples.
- Skin and slice the Kiwi fruit. Dunk the kiwi into a mixture of 1 T water and 1 T lemon juice to keep them green during the drying process. I used 2 kiwi.
- Heat the oven to 275℉. Place cheesecloth over metal drying racks or directly on your oven grates, depending on how wide they are. Place the fruit on to the cheesecloth and bake for 1 hour.
- Rotate the pans and flip over the fruit. Bake for another hour, rotate and flip. Bake for another hour.
- Check your fruit. If it’s still soft, go for another 30 to 60 minutes with the oven door cracked open. I used a large wooden spoon to prop mine open. If it’s dry to your satisfaction, turn off the oven but leave the fruit in there until it completely cools. You can leave it in overnight with the light on to dry.
- Enjoy your sweet and crunchy snack.