You’re gonna fall in love with this Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream. It tastes just like a Wendy’s Frosty and has a scoop of brownie mix churned into it! AMAZING!!
Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
July is National Ice Cream Month, so here’s one my favorite homemade ice cream recipes! It’s a chocolate brownie mix that includes a heaping scoop of brownie mix churned into the mixture! It’s a chocolate lovers dream come true and it tastes like a Wendy’s Frosty! This ice cream is a sinch to make, but you will need a ice cream maker for it. Sorry, there’s no getting around it here. I much prefer the smooth and creamy texture that I get from making ice cream via a slow churn method. The mouth-feel alone is worth it. Trust me on this one – get your ice cream maker and make this Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream ASAP!
Looking for a good ice cream maker? I own the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment and I love it!
- Pros- it’s small and can be stored easily.
- Cons- You have to prefreeze it and it’ll take up room in your freezer. Plan accordingly.
Do you make homemade ice cream? I have a ton of them here on the blog, and I do have some no-churn recipes that don’t require an ice cream maker. I much prefer a slow churned ice cream over a whipped cream ice cream. I think that the whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk versions have an almost oily mouth-feel that I just don’t care for. However, if I’m stuck and desperate for some ice cream, I’ll not hesitate to make a no churn recipe and add in a lot of candies or fruit. The added air that’s incorporated as it’s churned just makes for a smoother, creamier ice cream.
Here’s a few more chocolate ice cream recipes
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- ¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- 1-¼ cup Dry Brownie Mix
- Combine all ingredients into a large glass or metal bowl and mix with a wire whisk until combined. The cocoa and the brownie mix should be fully incorporated and dissolved. It will be grainy.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for the machine being used.
- Once the proper soft serve consistency is reached, transfer it to a freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
- Scoop out and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.