If you love a kick of heat added to your feed, then you’re in for a real treat with these Strawberry Jalapeno Mousse cups. It’s a kick to your taste buds. This post is sponsored by Smucker’s, however all opinions are my own.
Strawberry Jalapeno Mousse Cups
I need to preface this post with telling you a little secret – I am NOT a foodie. I am a picky eater and one thing that I am really, really picky on is peppers. Any and all peppers are automatically eliminated from my recipes when I’m cooking at home. I can’t tolerate Hot Wings and I don’t do spicy Thai dishes. So, when Smucker’s asked me to try their new Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread, I have to admit that I was totally skeptical on pulling this off. But, I tell my kid all the time that I don’t make gross food and I’m sure that Smucker’s wouldn’t put out a product if it wasn’t good. I was so happy (and pretty proud of myself) when I made and consumed these Strawberry Jalapeno Mousse Cups! If you like a little bit of heat in your mouth, you’re going to love this mousse dessert! I promise!
If you can’t find the chocolate cups at your grocery store, look at Wal-Mart in the cake decorating area. I found these chocolate cups in an upscale grocery store in Virginia. And if you still can’t find them and you don’t want to order them online, you can always serve the mousse in glass containers as well. They look so pretty when topped with whipped cream and the strawberry jalapeno spread.
To make these, I just filled half the cup with the mousse then added some Smucker’s Spread around the edge of the layer and then filled the remainder of the cup. Top with some more jam, whipped cream, and then finish with fresh strawberries and candied jalapeno slices.
I was so pleased with this dessert. I was nervous about the jalapeno, but the slight heat turned out to be amazing. Give these Strawberry Jalapeno Chocolate Mousse Cups a try at your next party!
Here’s a few more chocolate desserts for you to enjoy
- 10 oz heavy cream – divided
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup extra-fine granulated sugar – pulse in a food processor if you don’t have extra fine sugar
- Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- Chocolate Cups – optional
- Candied Jalapenos
- Strawberry slices
- Whipped cream
- Heat 5 oz of the heavy cream and chocolate over low heat until completely melted and smooth. Do not boil or burn the chocolate. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. To cool quickly, place the bowl into a larger bowl with water and ice. Mix to cool. Add remaining 5 oz of cream and whip together until soft peaks form.
- Whip the egg white and sugar together in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in the whipped chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with an open tip. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pipe into your chocolate cups or into a small serving glass. Top with a dollop of Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread and garnish with a candied jalapeno and/or strawberry slice.
For the Candied Jalapenos you will need 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 jalapeno sliced with the seeds removed. Heat the water and sugar in a small pan and add the sliced jalapeno when a syrup forms. Let the jalapeno cook for 5 minutes and remove from the pan and turn off the heat. Cool for 20 minutes then dip them back into the sugar syrup, coating them completely. Let them dry on a cooling rack overnight.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.