Cream Cheese and Jelly Danishes
And just like that, breakfast is served! These super easy Danishes start off with crescent roll dough that gets slathered with sweet cream cheese and topped with a dollop of your favorite jelly. You can enjoy them for breakfast or dessert and they are beautiful to serve for a fancy ladies coffee as well.
My family loves slow Sunday mornings. We don’t always get to do them, but when we do, we plan breakfast with all the fixings! Some eggs, bacon, maybe pancakes or waffles or some times these easy Danishes. My husband isn’t much of a jelly fan, so I’ll add some brown sugar and walnuts to his and he loves it!
Keep the coffee coming and my family can sit for a while chatting about the coming week. The plans we have, things we are looking forward to, dream vacations we’d like to go on.
What do you chat about when the family is sitting around the breakfast table?
One dream destinations I’d like to get (back) to is New Zealand. My parents took me there when I was a kid and I have such fun memories of the islands. Hopefully I’ll get the family there while my kid is still a kid.
In the meantime, I’ll keep dreaming and putting my pennies away while making sweet treats to eat and great memories around the breakfast table.
So, what flavor of jelly would you add to the center of your Danish? I used strawberry because it’s my favorite. Feel free to use blueberry, grape, or even apricot. I bet apricot would be yummy!
These would be an easy Valentine’s Day Breakfast treat. You don’t have to get up too early to make these before everyone goes running off to school and work.
Add some fun sprinkles to make them extra special! 🙂
I could totally go for one of these right now.
What are you waiting for? Plan to make these this weekend for the family.
- 2 (8 oz) containers of Pre-Made Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Tbls. Lemon Juice
- Open Crescent Roll container and unroll. Pinch triangle perforations together to make rectangles. Slightly stretch the dough to 10 inches long. Set aside.
- Mix Cream Cheese, Sugar, and Lemon Juice in a small bowl until combined and smooth.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of the cream cheese over the rectangle and then roll up. Stretch the dough again, pinching the ends, and then curl up leaving an indentation in the center.
- Place a spoonful of jelly in the center of the roll.
- Bake at 350 Deg F for 18 -20 minutes.
- Make a drizzle with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and a splash (teaspoon) of milk. Stir until smooth and dripps off the spoon and drizzle over the danishes.
- Enjoy – and try not to eat them all!
Recipe from Pillsbury
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.