This is simply the best Strawberry Pie recipe and it’s oh so good! I love the jam like strawberry filling! It makes the perfect dessert at a tea party!
Strawberry Pie Recipe
My Mother-in-Law sent me this recipe and I have been holding on to it since I went strawberry picking in May. I picked 10 pounds of strawberries in two days and froze most of them. I have slowly used up the berries in smoothies, but I saved three pounds just for this pie! Do you go strawberry picking in the early summer?? It’s one of my favorite things to do and we are very fortunate to have some PYO farms close to us. If you are picking and freezing them, please read this article about how to do so. It’s the only method I do to clean and freeze them.
For the topping, I wanted it to hold shape so I used my Whipped Cream Frosting.
It was the perfect topping to the fresh strawberries and it held it’s shape during the drive over. The fresh cut strawberries on top are optional, but I love how they looked! Or course, you can add as much or as little of the whipped cream as you like.
I savored all 30 seconds it took to inhale my slice of pie! It was just amazing! Super sweet and bursting with strawberry flavor.
Don’t keep it in in the fridge too long – the fresh strawberries will get soft and you’ll end up with mush after 24 hours. You can always freeze the pie and let it thaw a bit to enjoy any leftovers a few days later.
- 1 pre-made pie crust, baked
- 2 Lbs. Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbls Water
- 1 Tbls Gelatin, unflavored
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Lbs. Fresh Strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- pinch of salt
- You pie crust should be baked and cooled according to directions.
- Place frozen strawberries in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat. When the juices start to run turn the heat up and cook until they are thick like jam. This should take about 25 minutes and measure 2 cups EXACTLY!
- In a separate bowl, add the lemon juice and water and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Stir in the sugar and salt and add to the cooked strawberries. Allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Fold in fresh strawberries and add to pie pan. Refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours but serve within 24.
- Add whipped cream or Cool Whip and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g
I lave a lot more Pie Recipes!
Check out this Cherry Berry Pie!
This is my favorite Dutch Apple Pie!
Summer is the best time for this Perfect Peach Pie!