Oreo Pudding Cookies are a delicious and indulgent treat that makes the perfect ending to any meal. Made with the Oreo pudding mix and creamy semi-sweet chocolate chips, these cookies will make you so happy!
Oreo Pudding Cookies are sure to become your new favorite dessert, whether served warm out of the oven or cold out of the fridge. With the right amount of sweet and salty combined for just the ideal flavor profile, it’s about time you try out this scrumptious recipe, you won’t regret it!
What are Pudding Cookies?
Pudding cookies are a delicious, indulgent treat that is perfect for any occasion. They are made with rich chocolate pudding and loaded with chocolate chips for an extra dose of decadence. These cookies are incredibly moist and chewy, with a soft and tender texture that will satisfy your sweet tooth every time.
Ingredients Needed for Oreo Pudding Cookies
Please check out the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
- All-purpose flour – You can use flour that you have on hand to make these cookies.
- Instant Oreo pudding mix, dry – This is what gives the cookies their rich, indulgent flavor and silky texture.
- Baking soda – This is used to help the cookies rise and develop their light, airy texture.
- Salt – To balance out the sweetness of the cookies and enhance their rich flavor.
- Brown sugar – The perfect sweetener for these cookies, as it provides a deep caramel flavor.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – These are loaded into the cookie dough for an explosion of creamy, indulgent chocolate flavor.
- Butter – This is what makes the cookies rich and crispy on the outside yet soft and chewy on the inside.
How to Store your Cookies
You can keep the raw dough in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to wrap it properly. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months so that you always have a delicious treat on hand whenever the craving strikes. When ready to bake, simply thaw the dough and then proceed with rolling and baking as normal.
Variation Options for Pudding in Cookies
There are lots of delicious variations that you can try with this pudding cookie recipe. Try the following:
- Add nuts or dried fruit
- Replace the sugar with brown sugar or honey
- Mix in different types of chocolate chips.
- For a unique flavor profile, you could also use different kinds of instant pudding mix, such as vanilla or butterscotch pudding.
How do you crush Oreo cookies?
To crush Oreo cookies, you can use a food processor or a rolling pin to break the cookies into smaller pieces. Alternatively, you could place several cookies in a resealable plastic bag and gently press down on them with a heavy object until they are broken into crumbs.
Once the crushed cookies are ready, you can combine them with the other ingredients in your pudding cookies recipe as directed. This will give the cookies a rich and indulgent flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds! We like to add crushed Oreos to the top of the cookies before baking.
How to get butter softened to room temperature?
There are a few different methods that you can use to get butter softened to room temperature. My favorite way is to heat a glass bowl in the microwave and place it over the butter to allow the residual heat to soften the butter.
How long should you let the Cookies and cream cookies cool?
Depending on the recipe, you should let the cookies cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. This will give them time to set and develop their rich, chewy texture. You may want to wait until they have cooled completely before storing them, as this will help prevent them from getting too soft or sticky.
Recipes with Pudding Mix
- Oatmeal Raisin Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Oreo Pudding Cookie Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box Oreo pudding mix 4.2 oz, instant, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 Oreo cookies with filling chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180° C). Line baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl each time.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix just until combined, don’t overbeat. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Oreo cookies.
- Divide batter using a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie with a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and lightly golden brown. These cookies are best a little under-baked.
- Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.