Your kids are going to love making these easy 5-ingredient Mascarpone Crinkle Cookies. You can make and enjoy a different flavor each week!
Disclaimer: Thanks so much to The American Dairy Association Mideast for the press trip to Ohio and Miceli Dairy for the tour of the cheese processing facility and the gift great cheese.
Mascarpone Crinkle Cookies
Got kids who love to help you in bake on the weekends? These super easy 4 ingredient Mascarpone Crinkle Cookies are going to be your kids’ next cookie obsession. They can pick their favorite cake box flavor and make strawberry cookies, chocolate cookies, or lemon cookies. I decided to use use a box of funfetti vanilla cake mix to make these crinkle cookies and my kiddo loved them! I wish that I could have made them with her, but she has a strange aversion to dairy and with 8 ounces of Mascarpone cheese in these cookies, she would have totally balked.
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure to participate in a press trip sponsored by the American Dairy Association Mideast in Cleveland, Ohio. I met up with a dozen other bloggers where we got to enjoy a wine and cheese pairing, a tour of a dairy farm, learn how they make cheese, toured Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream flagship shop, and got to have dinner on the Cleveland Brown’s turf! It was a pretty fantastic trip packed into three days.
The cheese manufacturing plant was quite interesting. We got to see how Miceli Dairy makes their soft cheeses – like mascarpone, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese. Honestly, they make it the same way that I do, only they are working with thousands of gallons of milk at a time. After the tour of the facility, we were treated to make-your-own pizza in their wood fired pizza oven and they sent us off with some samples of their cheeses. I came home with my loot and turned that Mascarpone into cookies!
Here’s a few shots from my Instagram Stories while I was in Ohio. Again, I’d like to thank the American Dairy Association Mideast for the trip to Ohio to learn about the dairy industry, the role that dairy has in our health and all that they are doing to help get well rounded, healthy breakfast options to public schools.
Back to these great cookies! Seriously – these are awesome cookies for lunch boxes, snacks and also to add to your holiday cookie tray. Make a Red Velvet version for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Enjoy Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry for a Neapolitan flair! You can use any cake box mix to make these. And even then, if you want to add some extract for flavor combos, have at it!! Mint Chocolate anyone?? Strawberry Lemonade? Maybe Mocha or coconut crinkles would be a more grown up flavor combo.
Are you looking for more recipes to make with Mascarpone? Here’s a few for you to try:
- Mascarpone Whipped Cream – Perfect on pies!
- Raspberry French Toast Casserole – Great for weekend brunch
- Sweet Potato Butternut Apple Soup with Mascarpone – Dinner is served!
- Homemade Tiramisu – At some point in your life, you need to make Tiramisu from scratch!
- Strawberry and Mascarpone Pavlova Recipe – It looks decadent, but it’s quite easy to make.
Here’s a few more simple cookie recipes your kids can try out.
- 1 box mix of cake mix - your favorite flavor
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- Optional - 1 tsp extract
- Optional - colored jimmies
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a cookie sheet that is greased or lined with a silicone mat
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, egg, and Mascarpone. Get in there with your hands and make sure that all the cake mix is incorporated into the mixture. The mixture will be very sticky. If you are using an extract, add it in. Stir in any jimmies by hand.
- Form the dough into tablespoon balls with a cookie scoop and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Check that the edges are just starting to brown. Cool on the sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.