It’s not too soon to get excited for the holiday season with this freshly prepared Gingerbread Pancake recipe. These sweet, tasty, light, fluffy pancakes are perfect for enjoying every morning. Spice up your breakfast!
As the holiday season approaches, you can start a new tradition with your children that involves preparing these flavorful Gingerbread Pancakes. The pancakes have that incredible taste you would expect to get from a gingerbread cooking when biting into it.
Only that they’re much softer and have such a light and fluffy texture. If you’re a pancake lover looking for something to whip up for breakfast for yourself and the family this holiday season, give this recipe a try.
Why You’ll Love These Gingerbread Pancakes
- They taste like Christmas – You know how certain things you eat can remind you of special moments in life? These pancakes do just that, taking you back to your childhood when you’d set cookies out for Santa and get excited to open your presents.
- They’re delicious – Other than reminding you of Christmas, these pancakes are super delicious.
- You can customize the pancakes – You can create different flavors to add to the gingerbread taste by using an assortment of different toppings on your pancakes, such as traditional maple syrup, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, and so much more. The options are endless.
What makes well flavored pancakes?
The perfect blend of ingredients makes these Gingerbread Pancakes light and flavorful without that flavor being too overwhelming. The key is to use the right combination of ingredients.
You don’t want to put too much ginger or cloves into this recipe because those spices are strong and can become too overpowering when not used correctly. While the mixing of ingredients is most important, good flavored pancakes are also cooked to perfection. The edges are just a tad bit crispy while the center is soft, fluffy, and buttery enough to melt in your mouth.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Be sure your griddle is up to 375 degrees before adding your batter. I use this Cuisinart Griddler and love it. If using a large skillet on the stove top, medium-high will do, but adjust as needed while cooking.
- If you want to make it easier to distribute your pancake batter into the pan, consider pouring it into a squeeze bottle and then squeezing out the amount of batter to make each pancake.
- Be sure to add a generous amount of cooking spray to your griddle to keep your pancakes from sticking. If you prefer, you can grab a stick of butter and rub it from top to bottom against the griddle while it heats, ensuring no spot is uncovered before adding your batter to it.
- You can toss in some mini white chocolate chip morsels when preparing these pancakes. Simply grab a handful, pour them on top of the pancakes while they’re on the griddle, and flip them when ready before removing and serving.
Celebrate the holiday season early with these Gingerbread Pancakes for breakfast. They will remind you of one of your favorite Christmas cookies.
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ¾ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- Maple syrup
- Whip cream
- Powdered sugar
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and seasonings to a large measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg, molasses, milk, and oil to dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a griddle and spray it with cooking spray.
- Scoop pancake batter onto a hot griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from griddle and keep warm while repeating with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.