This easy and delicious Chocolate Whisky Balls Recipe is for the whisky lovers! Great chocolate flavor spiked with whisky is perfect! Serve these whisky balls and treat your loved ones.
Festive Whisky Truffles
Rum balls are a classic during the holidays, but we are celebrating with these delectable Whisky Balls! They are so easy to make and they taste great! You just need a few ingredients and good whiskey or scotch. It’s up to you what brand you want to use.
Whisky and chocolate make a great team! But you can also spike these chocolate truffles with different alcohol varieties. Try using chocolate liquor, Scotch or even a high quality Gin.
Roll them in chocolate jimmies instead of the cocoa and sugar, or in white sesame seeds. Or make them more fun in rainbow sprinkles or shredded coconut for a party.
To give your little treats a festive touch, add a little ground cinnamon to the dough. To give it a little fruity touch, grate in some orange peel. You could also place them into little gift boxes and surprise someone special.
How to store them
You can store your spiked chocolate balls in the fridge until you serve them. They make a great sweet snack for guests, midday treat. Before serving, take them out to warm up a bit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Also try our Smoked Chocolate Whisky Cake .
Irresistible Chocolate Whisky Balls
- 1 cup Pecan nuts or walnuts
- ¾ cup Bourbon Whisky
- 2 cup Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder Dutch-processed
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ Cocoa powder or Chocolate Jimmies
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, pour ½ cup of whisky over the pecans. Cover and soak the pecans overnight.
- Spread out the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 350° F (180°C) until lightly toasted – approximately 15 minutes. Let them cool and then chop finely.
- Process the vanilla wafers in a food processor until they are crumbled. Add in the cocoa, powdered sugar, light corn syrup, ¼ cup whisky, and cooled pecans. Pulse until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to measure out the balls to not more than 1 inch each. Roll them to tight balls and shape them into evenly round balls.
- Roll into chocolate jimmies, nuts, cocoa powder or other sprinkles. If the balls are a little "wet" feeling, refrigerate to dry.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.