This Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree is so cute and brings a pop of color to your holidays! It’s super easy to make and tastes great.
Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Enjoy these delicious Christmas Cookies
- 2 bags of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix + ingredients to make rollout cookies
- Cake Mate Food Coloring
- Cake Mate Colored Sugar Sprinkles
- Betty Crocker Cookie Icing in Green
- Betty Crocker Cookie Creme in Vanilla
- Cake Mate Sparkle Gel
- Styrofoam Cone
- Make one bag of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies following the instructions for the roll out cookies and color all of it green. Divide the batter in half and bake a tray of 1 inch cookies and the other tray in 1/2 inch cookies. I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop for the 1 inch cookies and then cut them in half for the smaller cookies. Roll the dough ball in your hand then coat them in the sugar.
- Bake and cool as directed on the bag.
- For the second bag of sugar cookies, divide the dough into 5 or 6 parts, depending on how many different colors you want. I colored my dough pink, blue, orange, yellow red, and white. Using 1/2 inch dough balls, roll them smooth, coat in the sugar, and then bake as directed.
- I shaped one yellow cookie into a star shape for the top of the tree.
- Once all the cookies are baked and cool it’s time to start decorating the tree.
- Coat the lower 1/3 of the cone with the green Betty Crocker Cookie Icing. Use an offset spatula to help make it smooth. Add the 1 inch cookies to the base and press into place. Add a second layer of cookies and press into place. Leave the first two layers in place for 30 minutes to dry. Then start adding two layers of smaller green cookies and let those dry.
- You will have a “back” where the cookies don’t line up properly. Just try to start at the same area each time so that the “front” of the tree stays neat.
- If you try to add all the cookies at once, the weight of the cookies will cause the lower cookies to buckle and fall off. Give the Cookie Icing time to dry so that cookies adhere properly.
- Once all the green cookies are in place, you can use the cookie creme to adhere the colored cookies to the tree.
- Then decorate with the Cake Mate Sprinkle Gel to add some dimension to the ornaments.
- Use the remaining cookies as presents under the tree.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.