I love fruit. Seriously, love fruit. Which is why I can’t go on a diet that restricts my fruit. Sure fruit is fructose and my body converts it into sugar. Sure I have an insulin spike after eating an apple, but I just can’t see how a banana is WORSE than a cookie.
I just don’t get it.
Fruit Makes Me Happy!
You know what else make me happy? Walking.
I know… I’m as shocked as you!
However, I’ve noticed on days that I don’t walk on the treadmill, I’m generally more moody. I find that walking on the treadmill just helps me to find that “me time”. I can tell my daughter and husband that I’m walking and they know not to bother me.
It’s like two hours of free time that I can focus on pinning stuff, editing photos, writing post… I can get a lot done when I’m not constantly distracted with “Mom, can you get me a glass of water?” and “Honey, where’s the butter?”
So, yes. Walking on the treadmill makes me happy.
And so does reaching 20,000 steps on my fitbit! That made me ecstatic!
Find out what makes my friends happy at
Sugar Free Orange Peels
- Peel from 1 large orange
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Coconut flakes
- Cut and slice the orange into quarters. remove the meat and pith of the orange leaving just the orange skin. Remove as much of the white pith as possible with a knife. Then slice into long, skinny strips.
- Add the peels to one cup of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Strain and then add one cup of water plus the honey to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the peels and simmer for one hour. The water will turn into a thick syrup that you can strain off and use for another recipe.
- While the peels are cooking, prepare you coconut. Place the coconut into a food processor and pulse to make the coconut as fine as possible. Place the coconut into a wide, shallow plate.
- When the peels are done, toss them in the coconut and place them on a drying rack for 24 hours to dry.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
- You can eat them as is, or add them to different desserts, granola bars, or baked goods.
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!