These decadent chocolate brownies are so good, even Ben and Jerry’s makes them for their ice cream shops. It’s a great dessert!
Decadent Chocolate Brownies
There are a thousand different brownie recipes out there. I love fudgy brownies, cakey brownies, minty brownies, brownies with candies, 3 ingredient brownies, frosted brownies, layered brownies… Well, yes, I guess I just love brownies.
This decadent chocolate brownie recipe had a crispy, crunchy top that hid the rich and fudgy brownie underneath. I love that!! You can see all that chocolate “skin” on top just waiting to be cracked off!
You can’t go wrong with a good recipe. And good chocolate. This recipe uses 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate so make sure you buy a quality chocolate.
What is good quality chocolate?
So glad you asked. I have been researching that for you. There was THIS article I found interesting. And this one. And a few others. You can Google”Qualities of Good Chocolate” and find a ton of reviews and opinions. I think ultimately, you don’t want to get the cheapest stuff in Wal-Mart and you don’t need to spend a small fortune either. Look around in specialty grocery stores for Baking Bars and pick a brand that you like best.
Chocolate is kinda like wine in that regard. You may enjoy a good Merlot or Cabernet, but you don’t care for this brand over that brand. The $100 bottle might not please you, but the $40 bottle simply sings to you. You like what you like.
Anyway, I digress…
Back to these wonderful Brownies. The recipe is suitable to be made in a 9 x 13 baking dish. I made my brownies in a 9 inch round cake pan and a 6 inch round cake pan. Honestly, just going for the AMAZING tower of chocolate that is in the next post. They bake up with a crispy top “shell” with a rich fudgy center.
Mr. Quart really enjoyed these brownies. He wished there walnuts in them, but he ate them just the same.
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Butter and lightly dust with cocoa powder a 9 inch round cake pan and a 6 inch round cake pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs and salt until very fluffy. Slowly add in sugar and vanilla. Fold in the cooled chocolate then fold in the flour. Fold gently by pulling the bottom of the batter up and over the top of the batter. It's important to keep the mixture light and fluffy. Fold until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan.
- Wrap each pan with the brownies with plastic wrap and set aside.
Do not eat yet - save it to make the Brownie Tower!
Recipe from Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.