I LOVE cherries. Fresh, plump and juicy cherries. I actually stocked up and froze a bunch of cherries and have been using them in my breakfast smoothies.
So, I figured I’d stuff them into one of my favorite treats – Monkey Bread!
I actually made this treat twice. I made it once in a full bundt pan but I wasn’t too happy with the result. Since I didn’t want to coat it in a glaze, I wasn’t pleased with the overall color of it for photos. It was still absolutely amazing to eat and everyone enjoyed it immensely! (If you are going to make a full sized bundt pan, use two containers of biscuits and double up everything.)
Then I made it a second time and just my Jumbo Muffin Pan instead. I LOVED the result. These were perfect for portion control (because God knows I need all the help I can get in that department), and they were great to keep over a few days.
It was also a bit of a labor of love. My cherry pitter decided to break on me… it wasn’t pretty, but I managed.
I loved the chocolate chips that I added on top. It wasn’t in the original plan, but man were they a great addition!
Plump cherries stuffed into the bread pieces with warm chocolate chips – I was in heaven! Enjoy!
You may also like these Monkey Bread Flavors and Recipes.
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 package pre-made Biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and cut in half
- Chocolate chips
- Pit the cherries and cut them in half.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray your giant muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Divide the biscuit and cut each round of dough into quarters. Open the pieces and place half a cherry into the center then pinch closed.
- Melt the butter and stir in the sugar. Coat the biscuit pieces in the butter and place 5 to 6 pieces into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar on top of each cup.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the tops start to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over. The heat from the muffins will soften the chocolate.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. I preferred these on the slightly warm side and not piping hot.