These Pop Tarts are nothing but SUGAR!! But then again, aren’t the store bought ones nothing but sugar as well?
That doesn’t stop me from giving them to my daughter.
However, we do have a rule that Pop Tarts are for weekends only. On school days she has oatmeal, fruit, or bagels.
But these Candy Corn Pop Tarts would be great for your kids any day of the week! 🙂
Someone I know has a TON of candy corn sitting around and they weren’t quite sure what to do with it, other than snack on a handful of it every time they walked past it. (yeah, that’s me.)
Well, I wasn’t sure what to do with mine. There’s only so many cupcakes and cookies you can make with them. I’ve seen the pop corn with them and the fudge made with them.
So, here is my evil contribution to the Candy Corn Calorie Intake!
Basically, just take premade pie crust and a handful of candy corns.
Cut out a large rectangle for the top and bottom and fill with candy corns.
Top with drizzled sugar glaze for the ULTIMATE sugar buzz!
Candy Corn Pop Tarts
- Pre-Made Pie Crust
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- 1/2 Cup Powered Sugar
- 3 – 5 tsp milk
- yellow and red food coloring
- Unroll one premade crust. Roll with a rolling pin to thin out slightly.
- Cut crust with a 3 inch rectangular cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Fill center of crust with a handful of candy corns.
- Add top and pinch seams around edges. I got three pop tarts from one pre-made crust.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 15 minutes. Watching closely that candy does not start to ooze out the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine powered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Drizzle White on 1/3 of the pop tart. Add Yellow food coloring to glaze and drizzle on 1/3 of the pop. Add red food coloring to make an Orange glaze and comple the candy corn design on the pop tart.
- Give the galse 5 to 10 minutes to harden.
- Then eat and enjoy your sugar buzz!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
This post was featured on: