These Pop Tarts are nothing but SUGAR!! But then again, aren’t the store bought ones nothing but sugar as well?
That doesn’t stop me from giving them to my daughter.
However, we do have a rule that Pop Tarts are for weekends only. On school days she has oatmeal, fruit, or bagels. But these Candy Corn Pop Tarts would be great for your kids any day of the week! 🙂
Someone I know has a TON of candy corn sitting around and they weren’t quite sure what to do with it, other than snack on a handful of it every time they walked past it. (yeah, that’s me.)
Well, I wasn’t sure what to do with mine. There’s only so many cupcakes and cookies you can make with them. I’ve seen the pop corn with them and the fudge made with them.
So, here is my evil contribution to the Candy Corn Calorie Intake!
Basically, just take premade pie crust and a handful of candy corns.
Cut out a large rectangle for the top and bottom and fill with candy corns. Top with drizzled sugar glaze for the ULTIMATE sugar buzz!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
This post was featured on:
Candy Corn Pop Tarts
These homemade Candy Corn pop tarts will be the hit of your fall weekend breakfasts!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Pre-Made Pie Crust
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1/2 cup Powered Sugar
- 3 – 5 teaspoon milk
- Yellow and red food coloring
- Unroll one premade crust. Roll with a rolling pin to thin out slightly.
- Cut crust with a 3 inch rectangular cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Fill center of crust with a handful of candy corns.
- Add top and pinch seams around edges. I got three pop tarts from one pre-made crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, watching closely that the candy does not start to ooze out the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine powered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Drizzle white on 1/3 of the pop tart. Add yellow food coloring to glaze and drizzle on 1/3 of the pop. Add red food coloring to make an orange glaze and complete the candy corn design on the pop tart.
- Give the glaze 5 to 10 minutes to harden. Then eat and enjoy your sugar buzz!
Tuesday 20th of November 2012
thanks for sharing.
Monday 15th of October 2012
Oh these look fun! Thanks for linking to the Sunday showcase.
Friday 12th of October 2012
So cute! :) What a great treat! You are a featured favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks for sharing this last week, we can't wait to see what you'll share this week! Have a great weekend! Mackenzie :)
Thursday 11th of October 2012
These are so fun, and I just bought some candy corns and I always have pie crust in the freezer (for emergency purposes of course.) Pinned and I'm featuring you at this week's Thursday's Treasures!
Wednesday 10th of October 2012
Yep, you are EVIL!! But I bet my boys and Husband would love them! Thanks for sharing! Now I gotta go out and get some ready made pie crust! lol