Don’t feel like you have to make donuts from scratch. Keep it easy on the weekend and go with a muffin mix. It’s so much easier when you have the time or energy.
- 1 box Krusteaz Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
- 1 C Water
- 3/4 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 -3 tsp Milk
- 3/4 C Powered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 3-4 tsp Milk
- Combine Muffin Mix and 1 cup of water. Mix thoroughly and add half to a gallon size baggie. Snip a 1/4 inch off the tip of the baggie and squeeze batter into a greased mini donut pan.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow donuts to cool for 15 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Stir ingredients for the vanilla glaze and chocolate glaze in separate shallow bowls. Make glaze as thin or as thick as you prefer. I made mine a thin and dipped them twice.
- Dip donuts into glaze and set on wire rack to dip and harden. Give them a second dip if you made your glaze on the thin side, like I did. Drizzle opposite color glaze over top for some color contrast.
- Serve to hungry little mouths and enjoy their excitement!