These Oatmeal Lacies are a delicious treat that is great for the family! I love these cookies, especially around the holidays!
There are so many great Christmas Cookies to be made this year. I’m planning on making a lot, are you? They are so fun to give to neighbors, teachers, friends, and family!
And if you have kids who love to bake, it’s a great indoor activity.
As you know, I love baking with my daughter. It’s a great learning opportunity to take advantage of. She doesn’t even know that I am teaching her math.
My husband recently came across a new math website, Dragon Box, that he has the Little Cup working on. The site is designed to teach kids a basic introduction to algebra even before they learn their multiplication tables. She picked it up very quickly and it totally amazes me. I like math and I think that I did pretty well in Algebra, but this program completely confuses me. I’m so glad she gets it, because I really don’t know how to help her.
If you are looking for a computer based math tool, check this out and you may learn a thing or two as well.
- 1 1/2 C Quick Oats
- 2/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/3 C Butter
- 1/4 C Milk
- 2 Tbls flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out the batter. Spread out the batter with the back of a spoon. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will spread.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Lift the parchment paper off the cookie sheet and transfer it to a wire rack. Allow time for the cookies to completely cool, then peel off the paper.
- Melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and then drizzle over the cookies. Let dry for 10 minutes.