A yummy recipe handed down from my grandmother – Czechoslovakian Cookies filled with strawberry jam on a simple cookie crust. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Grandma’s Czechoslovakian Cookies
These Czechoslovakian Cookie Bars are one of my favorites. They have a simple cookie base, and are topped with a layer of your favorite jam. Traditionally it is made with strawberry jam, but you can really use any flavour you prefer.
After you fill it, more of the cookie dough is crumbled on top. Baked and then sprinkled with a bit of powdered sugar, these Czechoslovakian Cookie Bars are just perfect – delicious, easy to make, and fun to share!
What jam to use?
Czechoslovakian Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- Strawberry Jam or your favorite flavor
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil or spay with non-stick spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with a paddle attachment until well blended and fluffy. Add in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat in well. Incorporate in the flour.
- Spread half of the dough mixture into the pan and press down. Spread jam over dough. I used about 8 oz of jam, but I think I should have used more. Take a handful of remaining dough and press in your palms. Lay the remaining dough over the jam and continue to add more of the dough to cover all of the jam.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.