I’ve got a very simple, end of the summer (because I still don’t want to accept that fall is here) dessert.
This is so simple to put together. It’s a play on an icebox cake and since I couldn’t find any Famous Chocolate Wafers, I decided to make out of of chocolate wafer cookies.
If making it all from scratch intimidated you, then have no fear, because all you have to do is buy the stuff and put it together.
Find some Wafer Cookies – Keebler and Voortman are available in my stores.
Get your favorite Ice Cream.
Add a container of Cool Whip.
And I’m sure you already have some caramel and chocolate sauce in your fridge.
No, this wasn’t the prettiest dessert I’ve ever made.
But it was sweet!
It was fun!
It was decadent!
It was very, very easy!
Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- 1/2 packet of Wafer Cookies
- 1/2 container of Ice Cream
- 1/2 container Cool Whip
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Layer a bread loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inch) with foil.
- Place a layer of wafers down filling the space as best as possible. Layer with softened ice cream. Add a second layer of cookies and ice cream and top with a third layer of cookies.
- Place in the freezer for several hours to firm up.
- Remove from freezer and carefully remove from the foil. Top with Cool Whip and drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces.
- Try to slice between cookies and serve immediately.
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!