This amazing Whipped Ganache Frosting is nothing more than chocolate and cream. Add some air, and it’s a beautiful marriage that makes an amazing whipped frosting.
Whipped Ganache Frosting
I love a simple frosting, and I don’t think that this frosting could get any easier.
It’s just two ingredients and little bit of waiting, but that’s it. Simple.
I was a bit nervous of the consistency of the ganache when I pulled my container out of the fridge. It has the consistency of melted ice cream. It tasted great, but it wasn’t thick like what you would think of for a traditional ganache. If you are familiar with chocolate sauces or truffles, you know that it thickens up in the fridge to a more solid state. This was just liquid.
The good news is that it whipped up great! It resulted in a light and fluffy chocolate whipped cream that tasted amazing!
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium low heat stirring occasionally and not allowing a skin to form. Bring it to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to melt. Stir the chocolate cream until ALL the chocolate is melted.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Pour into your mixer bowl and whip with the whisk attachment. Start at a low speed and gradually increase the speed whipping until it just starts to hold the shape. Don't over-whip it.
- Frost your cake and enjoy.
Recipe from The All New All Purpose: Joy of Cooking
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.