Are you a fan of Orange and Chocolate? If not, you’re about to become one!
This is a Vegan Cake that is rich and moist and has a wonderful balance of the orange and chocolate flavors. My husband and I love our “traditional” cake made with butter, eggs, and milk, however, in my never-ending quest to make new recipes, I decided to give this vegan thing a try.
However, I then went and covered it with a whipped cream frosting, resulting in it loosing all the value of being vegan. If you’re looking for a great vegan frosting, head on over to my friend Lisa’s Blog for her recipe.
Honestly, I’m only human and wasn’t really thinking it through when I picked this frosting.
It was light and fluffy and the chocolate flavor was great! I divided this cake into quarters and gave 3/4 away and everyone who had some loved it!
That’s from adding the cake batter a quarter cup at a time in the pan. Instead of marbling the two together, I added the batter in “rings” and it looks amazing on the inside! I love it!
Orange and Chocolate Cake
It was a great day with Orange and Chocolate came together to create an amazing flavor combination.
- Frost your cold cake with the Whipped Ganache Frosting and place it into the fridge.
- Peel your tangerines and set the "pretty" ones aside. Discard any that are ripped or disfigured.
- Melt you chocolate chips in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Dip your tangerine segments into the chocolate, shake off the excess and place it on to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Do a majority facing the same direction (for the outer perimeter) and a few dipped in the opposite direction for the inner design.
- Remove the cake and add the chocolate dipped tangerines to the top of the cake. Add some candied orange peel to the cake as well.
- Cut and serve.
Get the full recipe for the Orange and Chocolate Vegan Cake HERE.
Get the recipe for the Ganache Frosting HERE.
Sugar Free Orange Peel Recipe HERE.
Recipe for Sugared Orange Peel HERE.