A few weeks ago on Dieter’s Downfall I made my own Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread and fell in love with it! Then I made an AWESOME Tart with that homemade Nutella and it was AMAZING!
So, I wanted to make the same sort of thing for Pint Sized Baker, only using store bought Nutella….
Enter these Mini Nutella Pies!
While they were still good and tasty, they lacked that roasted hazelnut flavor that was very noticeable in the homemade version.
Don’t get me wrong. I loved these little pies and I wound not say no to one. However, if given the choice between the real deal and this one… well, I know which one I’d choose.
But I totally understand that you don’t want to bake your own cookies, make your own spread, and make the tart. I get it. You want fast, easy, and fun! And you know what, I like that about you. 🙂
So, here’s the fast, easy, fun and YUMMY Mini Nutella Pies.
Mini Nutella Pies
- 3/4 C Whole Milk
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 8 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1/4 C Nutella
- 6 Mini Pie Shells
- 1 C Whipped Cream
- Place the milk and salt into a medium pot and heat over medium heat.
- Place the egg yolk, brown sugar, and flour in a separate bowl and whisk together. When the milk starts to simmer, pour a half cup into the egg mixture while whisking it. Temper the egg and add them to the pot with the milk.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add in the Nutella, stirring until combined.
- Pour the hot pudding into the mini pie crusts.
- Refrigerate the pies for at least 2 hours to overnight to set.
- Whip your cream with a touch of sweetener and top the pies before serving.