So, when I saw THIS recipe, I decided, that I CAN do this!
A pretty boring one. Pretty 😉 but… boring.
So, to jazz up the wonderful milk chocolate pudding that I made, I decided to give it a S’mores twist!
I put the pudding into mini graham crusts and top it with marshmallows and MORE chocolate!
Toast up them ‘mallows and your campfire dessert at home is ready!
Chocolate Pudding S’Mores Pies
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbls arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 2/3 C Milk, divided (not skim) – 1/3 C +1 1/3 C
- 1/3 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 oz. Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbls unsalted butter, room temperature (cut into small pieces)
- 6 Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Crusts
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt into a glass bowl. Then whisk in 1/3 cup milk to make a thick paste. Add the egg yolks and whisk into the cocoa paste mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the remaining 1 1/3 cups milk and the cream. Bring this mixture just to a boil (the milk will start to foam up) and then remove from heat. Gradually pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Transfer the pudding mixture to a clean, heavy bottomed medium sized saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the milk chocolate, vanilla extract, and butter, stirring gently until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap ON TOP of the pudding. This will prevent a skin from forming. Place in fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
- Spoon into Graham Cracker Crusts. Top with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and them place them under the broiler for 1 – 3 minutes. WATCH CLOSELY!!
- Remove from the broiler when the marshmallows start to become puffy and toast. This will not cause the pudding to warm up, just soften and toast the marshmallows.
- Enjoy with some sweet friends and family!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!