I needed something easy, quick, and delicious for Easter, so I made some Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes.
To tell you the truth, I kinda hate baking if I’m not going to be able to photograph it and use it on the blog. Family and friends are always asking me to bake them something and bring it over. What they don’t understand is that I touch all the food when photographing it. I move it around, I cut it, and I fix it constantly.
It’s not something that looks very appetizing when I’m done with it. I mean, who wants a cake that has already been cut. It’s one thing to know that you’re getting leftovers, it’s another thing to show up to a party with half a cake!
Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes and allow to cool.
- With a sharp pointed knife, cut out the center of the cupcake creating a cone shape. Set the cupcake top aside and fill the cavity with some caramel sauce. Cut off the point of the cupcake top and replace the now flat top back on top of the cupcake.
- Add the frosting to a mixer with the powdered sugar. You can use more or less of the powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your frosting. Whip the frosting until all the sugar is mixed in. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag prepared with a star tip.
- Frost your cupcake being careful not to disrupt the “cap” over the caramel. Drizzle some extra caramel over the frosting and add any sprinkles to decorate.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate.
by Karyn Granrud