Almond Macaroon Mini Pies. Simple Marzipan treats that make a big impression. The almond flavor is delicious and perfect to serve at a tea party.
Almond Macaroon Mini Pies
I admit, I was a bit nervous. I really wasn’t sure what to make to make with Marzipan. It’s not an ingredient that I use much. I know Marzipan is used a lot in the UK, but it’s never been a staple of mine.
I Googled recipes.
I searched Pinterest.
Nothing was talking to me. Nothing was screaming out “Bake Me! Eat Me!”
But I bought my little can of Almond Paste and I stared at it. It sat neglected for a few days. I went back to the can and I said, “Can, what should I make with you?” And can you believe that there was a little message on the can that said, “2 recipes inside this label?”
Inside the label was a recipe for Almond Paste Macaroons. I’d never had a Macaroon made from almond paste, but who I am to argue with Mrs. K’s Famous Macaroons? And, just like that, I knew what I was gonna make.
I took those little macaroons and I stuffed them into a mini pie shell. Don’t they look great? And they taste great too!!
These would be perfect for a Ladies Tea and a Little Girls Tea Party. Double the recipe and take them as a pot luck contribution. Perfect mini size to pop into your mouth without needing a fork and plate!
- 1 pre-made Pie Crust, thawed
- 1 (8 oz) Can Solo Almond Paste
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 10 Maraschino Cherries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Spray a mini cupcake pan with quick release baking spray.
- Roll out thawed pie crust. Cut out 3 inch rounds and fit into a mini cupcake pan.
- Bake pie shells for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, break up the almond paste and pulse for 5 – 10 seconds. Paste should be small crumbles. Add in egg white and sugar and pulse until combined and sticky.
- Measure out a little less than 1 tablespoon of the almond dough and place inside a pie crust. Top with a cherry half.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the center of the oven, then move the rack to a top position and bake for another 8 minutes to brown the tips.
- Cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g