It’s the Second Thursday of the Month and that means it’s another Dessert Challenge from The Lady Behind the Curtain.
I admit, I was a bit nervous. I really wasn’t sure what to make.
I Googled recipes.
I searched Pinterest.
Nothing was talking to me. Nothing was screaming out “Bake Me! Eat Me!”
But I bought my little can of Almond Paste and I stared at it.
It sat neglected for a few days.
I went back to the can and I said, “Can, what should I make with you?”
And can you believe that there was a little message on the can that said, “2 recipes inside this label.”
Inside the label was a recipe for Almond Paste Macaroons. I’d never had a Macaroon made from almond paste, but who I am to argue with Mrs. K’s Famous Macaroons?
And, just like that, I knew what I was gonna make.
I took those little macaroons and I stuffed them into a mini pie shell.
Don’t they look great?
And they taste great too!!
These would be perfect for a Ladies Tea and a Little Girls Tea Party. Double the recipe and take as pot luck contribution. Perfect mini size to pop into your mouth without needing a fork and plate!
Almond Paste Macaroon Mini Pies (adapted from the Solo Can Label)
Almond Macaroon Mini Pies
(18 mini pies)
- 1 pre-made Pie Crust, thawed
- 1 (8 oz) Can Solo Almond Paste
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 10 Maraschino Cherries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Spray a mini cupcake pan with quick release baking spray.
- Roll out thawed pie crust. Cut out 3 inch rounds and fit into a mini cupcake pan.
- Bake pie shells for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, break up the almond paste and pulse for 5 – 10 seconds. Paste should be small crumbles. Add in egg white and sugar and pulse until combined and sticky.
- Measure out a little less than 1 tablespoon of the almond dough and place inside a pie crust. Top with a cherry half.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the center of the oven, then move the rack to a top position and bake for another 8 minutes to brown the tips.
- Cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.