These mini pies are sure to impress with fruity Key Lime, not only in the batter, but also in the frosting, and crispy graham cracker shells. They are a versatile dessert for different occasions.
If you are short of time, you can also use a cake mix for key lime cake (for example, Pillsbury). However, it tastes better homemade, of course.
You can keep your finished mini pies for a few days, well wrapped, in the refrigerator. The crispy cracker shells will lose their bite, but this does not affect the flavor.
The little treats are also suitable for freezing. Pack them individually well and let them thaw at room temperature before eating.
Transporting your Cake Pops safely
Mini Key Lime Cake Pop Pies
For the key lime cake
- 1 cup Butter or vegetable oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 1⅓ cup Milk
- 3 Key Limes fresh
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
The other ingredients
- 2 Tbls Pillsbury Key Lime Frosting
- 6 Mini Graham Cracker Pie Shells 4 inch
- ¼ bag of Key Lime Candy Melts
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- Wash the key limes and finely scrub off the zest. You need two tablespoons. Juice the limes and collect the juice, you need 1 tablespoon.
- In a mixing bowl combine the melted butter (or oil), eggs, milk, the lime zest and lime juice. Mix them for around 2 minutes until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, sifted flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. SPoon this mixture into the egg-lime-mix, gently folding the components together. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the lime cake batter into the pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.Take the cake out of the oven and let cool.
- When cooled, cut lime cake into quarters. Put one quarter into a mixing bowl with paddle attachment and add frosting. Mix until cake pop batter is smooth like play-doh.
- Prepare the mini graham cracker crusts and fill with cake pop batter. Flatten and add a small well around the edges to catch the candy.
- Melt ¼ of the candy melts in the microwave at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Slowly pour over pie and push to completely cover pie.
- Once dry, decorate with some green or white candy melts.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.