Please, please, please… use the protective guard when using a mandoline.
FYI – I just got the bill for the urgent care visit TODAY! I’m now $130 poorer…
Bloody Fingers and Life Lessons
- 1/4 of a 9×13 cake (your favorite flavor)
- 2 Tbls frosting (to go with the cake)
- White Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
- Almond Slivers
- Mini Candy Knives
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Make you cake pop batter by mixing the cake and frosting with a paddle attachment in your mixer until smooth. Measure out 1½ tablespoon sized balls and form into a finger shape. Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and place into the fridge.
- Melt Candy Melts in the microwave. Place in a ceramic bowl or mug and heat for 45 seconds on high; stir and heat for 30 seconds at 70% power; stir and let sit for 5 minutes to allow the heat of the bowl to continue melting the candy. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the cake pops from the fridge and dip the stick into the candy and then insert ½ way into the cake “finger”. Complete all the cake balls then dip the first cake pop completely. Dip straight up and down, tap off the excess, then attach your Almond Sliver “Fingernail”. Stand up to dry
- Add a touch of red candy melts and then attach the knife. Use a toothpick to add the blood.
- Once the blood is dry, use a toothpick or something sharp to make the knuckle lines.