Struggling to find some GF baked snacks to serve that also taste great? You won’t be let down with these Gluten Free Cake Mix Cookie Bars! Easy to bake and they taste great!
Gluten Free Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Gluten Free Cookie Bars
- 1 box Gluten Free yellow cake mix – make sure it'll make 24 cupcakes, 2 8-inch round or a 9×13 cake
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 C chocolate chips, mini and regular size
- 1 C M&M's
- 1 C Macadamia Nuts
- optional – Shredded Coconut
- Mix the cake, pudding, water, applesauce, oil, and eggs together. Stir in half the chocolate chips and M&M’s. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chip, M&M’s and coconut and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- The center will still be a bit soft and appear uncooked. If you would like it a little more crispy, bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes watching the edges and the coconut from burning.
- Allow to completely cool in the pan before cutting. I left mine overnight to cool. The center was sticky and reminded me of a gooey bar. If you don’t like them, you can toast the cut pieces to dry them out and crisp them up a bit. It also makes the chocolate all warm and melty.
- I loved the bars with the coconut the best.